Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Clutch and Speedometer cable routing.
atmadsen914
post Aug 22 2009, 09:10 PM
Post #1

Am I sure I like old cars?

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,087
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I am running the Paragon Products 1 5/8 headers. And I am just struggling how to route the clutch and speedometer cables without burning them up. I have tried several heat wraps and tried tucking them up everywhere I can think and still I get melting when the engine is hot.

Anyone solved this?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
john rogers
post Aug 22 2009, 11:39 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 391

See if you can find a race shop or use mail order and buy what's called "fire sleeving" and get enough to build up at least two layers, perferably three total, one inside the other. Then get some soft aluminum sheet about 8 to 10 inches wide and several feet long. Use a sheet metal brake and bend the aluminum into an shape like /\/\/\/\/\/\ and fasten it between the headers and the fire sleeve with some clamps. I found that teflon lined cables tended to melt no matter what I did but non-lined cables worked just fine. One thing to make sure of is to always do a cool down lap so the headers will cool down several hundred degrees before you stop at the pits.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 03:22 AM