Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Newport, RI PCA Concours, Sat, Sept 26 at the Elm's mansion
sixerdon
post Aug 28 2009, 09:07 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 731

Here's another opportunity for the 914 gang to show up for a Northeast event. This is the annual Northeast Region concours which is celebrating it's 50th anniversary. As of this writing, there are going to be large contingents of other model Porsche clubs present including typ356ne, 912Registry, 928club many 911's of all years,..etc. Some are driving from NY, one said he's coming over on the ferry from LI.
Here is the information, directions and entry form in the Noreaster club magazine; <http://www.porschenet.com/Noreaster_Online/Sept09Noreaster.pdf>
Understand that if you don't want to pay a fee to enter any of the concours classes, there will be "no charge" parking for all Porsches on the lawn of the mansion away from the concours arena. Also, you don't have to be a PCA member to enter the concours.
So, will I be the only 914 entry? Hope to see more of you there.
Don

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
tod914
post Sep 18 2009, 11:59 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 170

Don, I'll try if I can get the new car ready. There is also a nice TVR event on the 26th at Washington's Cossing PA.
+Quote Post
sixerdon
post Sep 21 2009, 06:50 PM
Post #3

Tod,
That's a tough choice to make. Porsches or TVR's. There is an all British Car show near the Cape Cod canal this weekend, also. It's being called British Legends Weekend.
The NER/PCA will be the largest all Porsche event in NE. The weather is looking just fine here. Clear and around 70 in Newport on Saturday. Hope you can make it.
Don
+Quote Post
tod914
post Sep 22 2009, 11:39 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 170

Don, I didn't realize it's 4 hours one way. As much as I would like to, I think I will hit one of the more local shows (TVR). I need to do some maintenance on the car before I'm comfortable driving it that far. Fuel lines, fluids changed, etc. Also in the midst of changeing the accelerator cable. Best of luck in the show, and hope you have an enjoyable day. Post some shots if you can.

Tod
+Quote Post
sixerdon
post Sep 24 2009, 08:36 PM
Post #5

Sorry to hear you can't make it, Tod. I know it's 4 hours from NNJ which makes it a very long day unless you made plans to stay in Newport. Some people are. Perhaps another time then.
Don
+Quote Post
sixerdon
post Sep 27 2009, 10:55 AM
Post #6

Here is a link to yesterday's concours in Newport. Great weather. Great turnout. I stopped counting Porsches after I got to 150 on the field. More in the parking lot. Traffic jambs in front of the mansion. Porsches from all over New England, NY and NJ.
Enjoy.
Don

http://picasaweb.google.com/bergenj/Concou...eat=directlink#
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:36 AM