Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> PNW Track Day?, Gauging if any interest
my928s4
post Sep 22 2009, 10:15 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,018
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I mentioned this briefly at the transmission rebuild clinic that we rent the track here in Spokane twice a year, after the track day this weekend I checked with Scott who organizes the day (he deals with the owners and arranges insurance) to see if he was OK with having some 914's join next year. Anyway he was Ok with the idea.

Originally we did this for just 928's (we are a bunch of misfits to the local P crowd) back in 2001 and we had the track to ourselves but costs have increased and numbers decreased over time so Scott keeps the numbers up by adding some other local drivers.

Apart from myself the other 928 owners drive from Portland, Seattle and Canada, we hang at my place on Friday eve to eat/drink, do last minute repairs or BS about cars. Most people bring a sleeping bag and stay over (got to save the $$ for parts and gas you know ....) but others find a motel/hotel up by the airport.

As for the actual track day those of you who have participated in PCA DE events will like the freedom. The track is open from 9-4 (5 if there are no drag events that eve) and apart form an hour for lunch (which is included) you get to drive whenever you want. The track itself is long (2.5miles) and wide, you can see an overhead shot here to give some perspective. Total cars for the day is approx 25.

If you join with our group the day cost $200 this year which is a steal, first timers whether it be complete track novices or Spokane novices get instructors. How long before they let you go out alone depends on you, may be as little as a few laps or a couple of hours.

Someone mentioned taking passengers, other drivers is not an issue, guests can go out but you need to get Scott's permission first.

That is all I can think of right now, below are some pictures from May this year and some in car footage from this weekend.

In Car Footage Sept 2009

May 2009 Track Day

If you are interested let me know and I will add you to the email notification.

Cheers
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 12:10 PM