Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mel Reckling
rick 918-S
post Sep 28 2009, 08:32 PM
Post #1

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Group: Members
Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

I posted this already but for some reason my computer crashed.

I'm sure you all read this today.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=99778

Sounds serious. I don't think there is anything we can do for Mel. But I wanted to mention I sent a PM to Pete Stout of Exellence Magazine. I asked Pete to call me. He is very connected in the Porsche circles and may know a real buyer for Mels car. I asked if he could contact Jerry Seinfelt.

I usually encourage guys to keep their cars but Mels life is most important now. And money from a real buyer will help that.

If anyone knows a real collector or enthusist with deep pockets send them a note about Mel.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
tat2dphreak
post Sep 28 2009, 08:46 PM
Post #2

stoya, stoya, stoya

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 792
Region Association: Southwest Region

I did see the post, I didn't even know what to say. I wish him the best, but I don't know anyone that would be able to spend what I'm sure his car and he deserves.
+Quote Post
EdwardBlume
post Sep 28 2009, 09:47 PM
Post #3

914 Wizard

Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

Geez... This is exactly why our cars need to be driven. I wish I could drop $30K in his pocket.

Isn't Bob Seville a former broker on the East Coast. I wonder if he could help get top dollar for it?

+Quote Post
Kansas 914
post Sep 29 2009, 07:50 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 373
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

QUOTE(RobW @ Sep 28 2009, 10:47 PM) *

Geez... This is exactly why our cars need to be driven. I wish I could drop $30K in his pocket.

Isn't Bob Seville a former broker on the East Coast. I wonder if he could help get top dollar for it?

Bob might be just the right guy - he has moved a lot of Porsches (I almost bought a 928 from him).

This is a special car and should go to a special buyer. Jerry Seinfeld might be the one (we know he likes his 911's - not sure what he thinks about 914-6's).

Is something in the 30's the right price? Something else to keep in mind is that time is of the essence I think...
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Oct 2 2009, 01:37 PM
Post #5

Hey nice rack! -Celette

QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Sep 29 2009, 05:50 AM) *

QUOTE(RobW @ Sep 28 2009, 10:47 PM) *

Bob might be just the right guy - he has moved a lot of Porsches (I almost bought a 928 from him).

This is a special car and should go to a special buyer. Jerry Seinfeld might be the one (we know he likes his 911's - not sure what he thinks about 914-6's).

Is something in the 30's the right price? Something else to keep in mind is that time is of the essence I think...

Just wanted to add a final note to this thread. I received an email back from Pete. I asked him to spread the word. He's pretty well connected. I think he'll hlp if he can.

Dr. Evil knows a guy that deals in 914's too. I'm sure he will mention it to his friend.

Looks like Mel is getting a Dr visit. That's good news.
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Oct 9 2009, 10:15 PM
Post #6

Send me your transmission!

Member No.: 1,372
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

The guy I know has turned out to be a shyster and I would not want to waste Mel's time with him (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) Beyond trying to find brokers and connections, I am at a loss for a plan. We gotta pic our battles and then fight them in the most logical way possible.

I did offer to be a consultant for him if he likes. I sincerely hope he takes me up on the offer if he has any questions.
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Oct 17 2009, 07:36 AM
Post #7

Send me your transmission!

Member No.: 1,372
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I spoke to Mel this AM and decoded the conflicting diagnosiseses that he had been given. GP says one thing, oncologist says another, urologist says yet another and all of them were correct, just not complete (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) Of course I can not divulge details (doctor-patient confidentiality), but he felt better after the talk even though he is not even close to out of the woods.

I had an odd idea, how about a 914world bake sale??? I can make baklava! Baked goods are easy to sell, we can raise s little $$ (not much I am sure) and make everyone involved feel better.
+Quote Post
tat2dphreak
post Oct 17 2009, 09:56 AM
Post #8

stoya, stoya, stoya

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 792
Region Association: Southwest Region

I like the idea. I'd also thought about an online garage sale, not just 914 parts, either... and down here at least, they sell baked goods at garage sales (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I'm sure my wife would make stuff to sell too
+Quote Post
EdwardBlume
post Oct 18 2009, 05:44 PM
Post #9

914 Wizard

Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

Man, I feel for Mel because any of us can or will be in the same position someday. I've been praying for him, but I'm sure Cheryl and I can bust something out in the kitchen for his benefit. Or just mail something to him...

Thanks for being a doc, doc. Its cool to see someone lend a helping hand for follks these days...
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Oct 18 2009, 07:12 PM
Post #10

Hey nice rack! -Celette

I think your hearts are in the right place guys, but we need to pick our battles. If we start spreading out our efforts we will likely loose focus and our efforts will become less effective.

I think Doc did the best thing already. Lending an ear, being a friend, showing care and concern. Mels instant needs go beyond any money we can raise.

I wish I had the resources to help him. Hey Doc is there any chance he can make a connection to Cancer Treatment Center? You know the one that advertises on cable. What does it take to get him into a place like that? Referal? A phone call?
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 03:16 PM