Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Transmission Mounts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jaxdream
This is something unknown to me , although it has been an item used by many to replace the NLA trans mounts. I have looked at numerous pics of the 911 motor mount , Sport ?? and std , can't tell much difference except the price huh.gif . Could someone here explain to me the pros and cons of each , I really don't want to use the solid mounts I have and I am not at the transmission installing stage yet , just want some experienced information conncerning the 911 motor mounts before getting a set. Thanks for any replies.

Jaxdream
tat2dphreak
IIRC they are the same as the stock mounts, a direct replacement.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/shopca..._pg3.htm#item17

the alternative besides the 911 mounts and solid mounts is the WEVO mounts...

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=28186

RJMII
stock:

IPB Image

911 sport mounts:

IPB Image

the 911 unit has more of a solid center/design to hold things in place.
jaxdream
[quote name='tat2dphreak' date='Oct 6 2009, 09:46 AM' post='1222591']
IIRC they are the same as the stock mounts, a direct replacement.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/shopca..._pg3.htm#item17

the alternative besides the 911 mounts and solid mounts is the WEVO mounts...

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=28186
[/quote

Pelican prices are attractive , yeah I've seen the Wevo - looks to be one of the best so;utions I've seen so far , but waaayyy out of my budget for now, the 911 motor mounts look to be the next best thing , I just wanted some idea of the difference between the standard motor mount and the club sport. The price of them doesn't tell me much other than one set costs more than the other one. They appear to be very similar , just don't know if the club sport is any better than the standard mount.

Thanks for the replies.

Jaxdream
SirAndy
QUOTE(jaxdream @ Oct 6 2009, 08:28 PM) *

just don't know if the club sport is any better than the standard mount.

You want the 911 sport mounts for your transmission mounts. The better choice all around.

Just make sure you're still using the big metal bracket on top.
shades.gif Andy
RJMII
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 7 2009, 12:03 AM) *

You want the 911 sport mounts for your transmission mounts. The better choice all around.

shades.gif Andy

What happens if you don't?

unsure.gif idea.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(RJMII @ Oct 7 2009, 12:31 AM) *

You've got the weight of the tranny hanging off those two mounts.

I suppose it's possible to pull the bolt through the rubber if you don't use either the stock bracket or some sort of large, thick washer on top.
shades.gif Andy
edwin
has anyone tried the superpro mounts from fulcrum?
these are an australian made product and we sell them at the shop i work at in australia. i have a set of front end bushes to try as well as the mounts but i am told you have to cut out the original rubber and use the metal housing with the new bushes in them. i am reluctant to cut the old mounts just now but i am sure they will fit right.
they are in the online catalogue which can be found at http://www.fulcrumsuspensions.com.au/superpro.html the part number you are looking for is SPF1375K but the cat searches based on car as well.
heard good things about the front end bushes after a test by one of the guys in GT Purely Porsche a while back.
cheers
edwin
RJMII
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 7 2009, 02:42 AM) *

QUOTE(RJMII @ Oct 7 2009, 12:31 AM) *

You've got the weight of the tranny hanging off those two mounts.

I suppose it's possible to pull the bolt through the rubber if you don't use either the stock bracket or some sort of large, thick washer on top.
shades.gif Andy

on my 911 sport mounts, it seemed as if the top of mount had a large metal washer built into it; that was larger diameter than the inner part of the concave sleeve that houses the rubber part of the mount. It hasn't fallen out so far... but I think I'll double check really soon just to make sure it isn't some sort of luck keeping it in there. I've got one out in the shop that I can look at and take pics of tomorrow.
sean_v8_914
STAY AWAY FROM THOSE SOLID PLASTIC BLOCK looking weltmiester things!!!!!!If you use them just remember, "i told you so"
yeahmag
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Oct 7 2009, 09:53 AM) *

STAY AWAY FROM THOSE SOLID PLASTIC BLOCK looking weltmiester things!!!!!!If you use them just remember, "i told you so"

Why??? I've had great luck with them.
ericread
Here's what happens when the old mounts go bad:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Eric
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Oct 7 2009, 11:53 AM) *

WTF.gif first I've heard of an issue with them, I'm using them too... what's the issue?
ericread
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Oct 7 2009, 10:45 AM) *

QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Oct 7 2009, 11:53 AM) *

WTF.gif first I've heard of an issue with them, I'm using them too... what's the issue?

The only thing I've heard about the solid mounts is increased vibration and noise...

Eric
GeorgeRud
aktion035.gif
The Wevo ones rock!
jaxdream
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 6 2009, 10:03 PM) *

shades.gif Andy

Thanks Andy , this answers my question about the difference between the two 911 motor mounts ..looks like the way to go $$ wise.

Jaxdream
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.