Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 901 transmission tail cone gaskets $5
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
I made these at the prompting of Dr. Evil. Though it would be nice not to have to buy an entire set to crack the case open. As the good doctor will not be able to use the supply I have created before retirement thought I'ld make these available to all!

$5 each.
tat2dphreak
smilie_pokal.gif you are the man!
brant
are they the same thickness of material as the originals?
I once had a problem using a thicker (too thick) of gasket

I'm very interested in 4 of them, if they are the exact thickness of the originals
brant
Mark Henry
PM sent I'll take 4

Bet they are the right thickness, Doc told me they are Evil Approved ™
jhadler
Just trying to remember here... The tail cone gasket thickness is critical for backlash setting right? Do these gaskets come in different thicknesses? Not all backlash is the same...

-Josh2
brant
QUOTE(jhadler @ Oct 6 2009, 12:48 PM) *

Just trying to remember here... The tail cone gasket thickness is critical for backlash setting right? Do these gaskets come in different thicknesses? Not all backlash is the same...

-Josh2

its really the intermediate plate gasket that is critical for back lash.
but the tail cone is less critical...

still, I once had a problem with too thick of a gasket so.. anything real close to stock should be good enough..

let us know payment and shipping details
thanks a ton
brant
Mikey914
These are the same thickness as OEM, same material too.
Mikey914
QUOTE(jhadler @ Oct 6 2009, 11:48 AM) *

-Josh2

While I could make them in diferent thicknesses, it's not cost effective, so I went stock.
Rotary'14
Can you make the different thikness' for the intermediate plate for a reasonable price too?

-Rob
lotus_65
i'll take 4 if you haven't shipped my windshield seal yet.
Dr Evil
Rob, if you need int plate ones I have a shit load. You dont use them all in a a rebuild so there are always extras. PM me if you need them. It isnt worth it for Mark to make them, IMHO.

As for the tail cone gasket, I have one of the first run ones and I did send Mark a stock one to go off of. These are gonna be a great resource for us and I am glad that Mark stepped up and did them even when I didnt have the time/$$/etc to buy them all. I am going to pimp these to AA this weekend as well. It would be nice to save $30+ on the seal kit smile.gif
tat2dphreak
ok, I have not done a transmission rebuild, yet... is 4 required?
Dr Evil
If you buy a seal kit for a rebuild then you dont need any as the kit has one. BUT, if you are like many and just want to fix 1st gear then you just need to pull the tail cone which requires this gasket only. You only need 1 per tranny wink.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Oct 6 2009, 11:28 PM) *

ok, I have not done a transmission rebuild, yet... is 4 required?

I'm getting the 4 gaskets for future use.
After taking the doc's clinic, I'm not afraid of pulling the stack if I ever have to.
tat2dphreak
ok, I was just wondering why everyone wanted 4 smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.