Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: On steering wheels...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RiqueMar
Does anyone know if MOMO makes a four post steering wheel? Everywhere I look, it seems like they only make 3 post wheels.

I want to find a nice wheel, but just happen to like the 4 post better, even if it's not momo.

By the way, let's see em' guys! Show us your wheels!
tat2dphreak
they used to, but I don't think they do now... you can try ebay tho.

and I think sparco wheels use the same momo hubs

mine, btw:
Click to view attachment
r_towle
classico wheels.
Jeffrey feldman is the man and he has loads of adapters.

Rich
Socalandy
My MOMO driving.gif
Shade Tree
Won't the 4th post block your view of the gauges?
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(Shade Tree @ Oct 6 2009, 02:17 PM) *

I think he means like:
IPB Image
Shade Tree
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Oct 6 2009, 12:19 PM) *

QUOTE(Shade Tree @ Oct 6 2009, 02:17 PM) *

I think he means like:
IPB Image

Thanks for clearing that up, Wayne. Carry on.
bandjoey
WOW Wayne. Cool Wheel - What kind is that? Bill
Sleepin
LeCarra Mark 9 I believe. Very nice! They also have 914 (early and late) hub adaptors. http://www.lecarra.com/mk9.shtml
rjames
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Oct 6 2009, 12:00 PM) *

Which adapter is that? From the picture it looks much better than the others I've seen.
carr914
MOMO definately used to make a 4 spoke wheel, I had one in my 69 911S, but I have seen one in years. I would suggest trolling the Pelican 911 classifieds.

T.C.
BIGKAT_83
Not a good picture of the LeCarra steering wheel, I really like the size of it 14 inches makes it a little bigger than Momo wheels. Makes it easier to see the gauges.

Click to view attachment
tat2dphreak
that wheel was off the classico wheels website...

this is the one daddy wants tho:
IPB Image
jaxdream
QUOTE(BIGKAT_83 @ Oct 6 2009, 05:36 PM) *

Not a good picture of the LeCarra steering wheel, I really like the size of it 14 inches makes it a little bigger than Momo wheels. Makes it easier to see the gauges.

Click to view attachment

That a cable shifter setup you running there ??

Jaxdream
edwin
looks like a toyota corolla shifter
i have one ready to go in mine
dont want to drag this topic off but any pics of the gearbox end? i assume you made it your self?
cheers
Challe
Click to view attachment

I really hates when my fingers get stocked in the original horn button butterfly at at slalom events, so I found a momo adapter for my 914 so could mount my old beloved Abarth wheel wich I had in my really rusty Alfa Romeo in the 80ies, the size (about 14 inch) is perfect and the grip is perfect.

I think that the wheel is little to small for everyday driving (I want to see my oillamp) so Recently I started to search for a 15" Prototipo only to find that the prices on them on german ebay has been really high, interesting that every vintage prototipo on german ebay has been raced in a 911R lol-2.gif or a 917 av-943.gif

So I think that a original leathercovered steeringwheel is on my wishlist...

BIGKAT_83
QUOTE(edwin @ Oct 7 2009, 02:33 AM) *

looks like a toyota corolla shifter
i have one ready to go in mine
dont want to drag this topic off but any pics of the gearbox end? i assume you made it your self?
cheers

PM sent welder.gif

Bob
nsr-jamie
Here is a pic of my crappy 914 interior. I have a Momo Monte Carlo and I like it but I am planning to go with a Prototipo wheel which I think suits the car much better and am just about to order some new carpet, door panels and other goodies from Morph at A and P...plus my original shifter knob is now shipped from Mikey 914. AA seems to be making a 914/6GT replica wheel I found on their site and I like that too. Personally I think the 3 spoke looks better, but everybody has different taste.

IPB Image
r_towle
a bit more classic in mine.
Shade Tree
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Oct 6 2009, 06:41 PM) *

IPB Image

Ya know, the bottom of the steering wheel is a pain to get my knees past when I crawl in to my 914. That wheel looks like it will fix the issue. Nice!!!
tat2dphreak
my thought exactly... I wondered if other people use a "D" wheel
ClayPerrine
How about a stock wheel....

Click to view attachment
6freak
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Oct 7 2009, 08:21 PM) *

Click to view attachment

you did that to a real 6 slap.gif
tat2dphreak
yea, that ultra-rare 73 "real 6" smile.gif

ClayPerrine
QUOTE(6freak @ Oct 8 2009, 02:13 PM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Oct 7 2009, 08:21 PM) *

Click to view attachment

you did that to a real 6 slap.gif

Not a real six.. just the dash frame out of a totalled real six. I had to build the column up from scratch.

Thanks for the compliment though. biggrin.gif
nsr-jamie
Wow! Thats a cool conversion and something I would like to learn more about and maybe someday try myself. I always wanted my key there. That is very cool !! I thought that was a real six too.
markb
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Oct 8 2009, 11:54 PM) *

Not a real six.. just the dash frame out of a totalled real six. I had to build the column up from scratch.

Thanks for the compliment though. biggrin.gif

It's a good looking dash, & I'm still hoping you find the write-up on how you did that column..... dry.gif
kenshapiro2002
Who makes that "D" wheel? Grant makes one

QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Oct 6 2009, 09:41 PM) *

IPB Image

tat2dphreak
Who makes that "D" wheel? Grant makes one

that one is a classico wheel... they are very nice. the grant hub I have is not perfect. the splies and everything is fine, but the turn signal cancel is wonky

http://www.classicowheels.com/modernwheels.htm
Todd Enlund
My Momo:

Click to view attachment
RiqueMar
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Oct 9 2009, 03:09 PM) *

Like that one alot Todd, do you know the type?
scotty b
I THINK this one was called the Monte Carlo. Best wheel I have ever had. If for some reason I ever sell the 944 I WILL be keeping the wheel...and my factory 930 sport seats shades.gif 3rd car I've had the seats in aktion035.gif
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Oct 9 2009, 08:36 PM) *

QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Oct 9 2009, 03:09 PM) *

Like that one alot Todd, do you know the type?

I bought it used (from a guy in Japan on eBay), but I believe it's an early Momo Club 4. Later versions changed a bit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.