Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Forum request: Thread subject in title bar
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dave_Darling
Many of the PHP BBSes that I read put the thread title in the browser's title bar. On the 'World, the title bar always reads "914World.com - A Porsche 914 Community / Forum / Club". Could the forum be set up to put the thread title there?

I'm hoping this is just a setting somewhere in the Admin section, and not one of those times where you have to update sixteen separate pieces of software...

It would help with my browsing, because I usually have several windows or tabs open at the same time, and I can start to lose track of which thread is which.

Thanks!

--DD
number6
And it helps when bookmarking, too!

The "other" site has this feature... poke.gif

I second the request, please smile.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Oct 6 2009, 06:51 PM) *

Many of the PHP BBSes that I read put the thread title in the browser's title bar. On the 'World, the title bar always reads "914World.com - A Porsche 914 Community / Forum / Club". Could the forum be set up to put the thread title there?
I'm hoping this is just a setting somewhere in the Admin section, and not one of those times where you have to update sixteen separate pieces of software...
It would help with my browsing, because I usually have several windows or tabs open at the same time, and I can start to lose track of which thread is which.

Nothing a little bit of custom code can't fix! type.gif

Let me know if this is OK, i didn't replace the whole window title, i appended the thread title to "914World.com" when you're inside a thread.

Is that gud enough?
idea.gif Andy

PS: The updated title will only show once the page is fully loaded as i'm using JavaScript to change the title midway through loading the page. (The only point where i have access to the title variable)
Todd Enlund
That's awesome, Andy! piratenanner.gif beerchug.gif
number6
you, sir, rock!
aktion035.gif
Dave_Darling
Thanks, Opa Andy! smile.gif

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.