Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Time for a new action item thread. We're pretty close to
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
rick 918-S
List new action items here. Only new Items. Anything we have left on the other list post there.

Ed, Check on the cost of air fare from your best airport to Wichita.

The Spreadsheet needs to stay open. Part of our effort will be to determine how many people we want in Garden City and are we going to need more air fare?

What about housing and meals? If were busy building we will need food and a place to flop when were done. Maybe Mary can make some lodging suggestions.

I think we should have a volunteer build off post at the same time as the fund raiser post. These should run in tandem.

I plan on going but I will drive at my expense. I may try to bring another MN guy or two. No promises.

We need to decide what month were going to converge on Garden City.

I think we should think about have the fund raiser around Thanksgiving weekend. People will be home and surfing the site. Is that soon enough?

Once we have a new list I think we should have another conference call. Mike, was that free or is there a charge for that service?

Wayne, Are you interesting is going?
tat2dphreak
as much as I would like to, I will have to see when we can do it. I'm more of a grunt, too and we'd probably want people with more experience than me.

if I go, I will pay my way, of course. my limitation is time. I just started this job a few months ago, and because I am a contractor I have 0 vacation, 0 paid holidays... so to get time off I work overtime which I choose to not get paid for, and use it as comp time when I need a day off. plus I'm going to nite classes to get my DBA certification, which is eating up a lot of time now too... that should be done before xmas tho

that said, I will try my damnedest. and if I can't be there in person, I will of course donate whatever funds I can.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Oct 6 2009, 08:31 PM) *

as much as I would like to, I will have to see when we can do it. I'm more of a grunt, too and we'd probably want people with more experience than me.

if I go, I will pay my way, of course. my limitation is time. I just started this job a few months ago, and because I am a contractor I have 0 vacation, 0 paid holidays... so to get time off I work overtime which I choose to not get paid for, and use it as comp time when I need a day off. plus I'm going to nite classes to get my DBA certification, which is eating up a lot of time now too... that should be done before xmas tho

that said, I will try my damnedest. and if I can't be there in person, I will of course donate whatever funds I can.

That's cool, A big part of making this work is having people lifting the load. I'm with you on the grunt part. When the fund raiser starts we will need to keep a positive message and bump the thread over several days.

Cheerleaders rule. cheer.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Oct 6 2009, 11:17 PM) *

Mike, was that free or is there a charge for that service?

The conference call bridge is available at no charge - the only limit is 15 simultaneous callers. I can set it up with only a minute of notice - easy. The only thing I need is everyone "best" email address so I can send out Meeting Requests from Outlook. If you are running Outlook it will put it in your calendar for you.

EDIT: I have the following emails in a 914 Angels distribution list
Rick = cyfied@gmail.com
Rob = rob_ways@mindspring.com
Wayne = wafry1975@gmail.com
Ed = Still need this one...
EdwardBlume
With fundraising and volunteer raising, what do you think about building both posts here first?

Talking out loud, I'd like to have it tell the story, show the progress (pictures), tip our hats to Mike's efforts and all the folks who have donated parts, and then rally for the funds to get past the goal line.

With volunteers, I expect a good response. I agree with the same type of list for work. We can also reasonably map out hours.

What will be done vs need to be done? ie will the body shop reassemble the doors? Will the engine and transmission be bolted up with the heat / shift / cables done? Where will the suspension be?

If the body shop has time, will they move towards doing more reassembly? or are they on the clock?

Thanks again.
tat2dphreak
conf. call, if mike is unavailable, I work for a telecom company, I can set up a bridge too anytime.

With fundraising and volunteer raising, what do you think about building both posts here first?

agree.gif this can be a draft area and then we can copy it over.

if anyone needs me for anything, you can also call my cell 469-371-3712
Dr Evil
My Email makemy914go@yahoo.com
ejm
Ed = Still need this one...

turbo914@charter.net

Ed, Check on the cost of air fare from your best airport to Wichita

I usually fly from Hartford but make the drive to Providence when the fare is significantly better as is the case here. Mid January shows at $375 from PVD.
rick 918-S
Very cool, Looks like everyone is on board. Ed, Airfare is good. At least we have an average cost for the budget.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.