Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Six Rotor coming apart
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Van914
Here is a picture of the rotor in my 3.0 six. It is coming apart. I have a Crane Hi-6 with a Crane PS 92 coil. Am I getting too much voltage for the stock rotor to handle?
Thanks
Van
sww914
I can't see shit in that photo.
DBCooper
Yeah, need more photo, but that looks like an epoxy fill. If it's a stock rotor that usually means there's a resistor embedded in the epoxy, which could be heating and raising the epoxy. You should have seen instructions in the Crane installation instructions to use a non-resistor rotor. But hard to tell what's happening in that photo.
yeahmag
If you are the DIY type you can Dremel out the epoxy and resistor, replace with a solid piece of wire (like from home wiring), and then fill with epoxy again. Or you can buy one from aircooled.net or the like...
tat2dphreak
way too much work for a cheap part... I change the rotor with any distributor cap/sparkplug/wire set change...
yeahmag
The modified rotors aren't that cheap... I may even have a used one. I stepped up to a mallory.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.