Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heater pull cable
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tradisrad
I am installing my heater lever and my cable is cut where it attaches to the lever. I think that it is supposed to be a one piece cable that goes to both flaper boxes and attaches to the lever in the middle of the cable.
Should I replace the cable and does anyone carry it?
Or should I just bend the cable ends through the hole in the lever?
silverteener

Mine is clipped also. I'll be popcorn[1].gif

Cap'n Krusty
Replace it. The Cap'n
tradisrad
Calling HPH now!
-thanks
Rob
Cupomeat
Just a little info on the heater cables if you are buying one.

The 75-76 Heater system is different than the 70-74, and the original 75-76 heater pull cable is shorter than the 70-74.

Porsche used to list them as two different items and not only lists them as one. This is OK because the longer cable (70-74) will work fine with the later heater flapper location.

However, if you get a chance to buy a NOS (unlikely) heater cable, and they list it at 75-76 and you have a 70-74 car, skip the chance as it won't fit.

I hope that helps.
tradisrad
Thanks, I knew that there were two size cables, but I did not know what the diff was. I've got Rich at HPH ordering one for me.
Cevan
When I backdated my exhaust, I had to make a small extension at the lever in order for the ends of the cable to reach the heater valves. I used a 15 ga bicycle spoke.
PanelBilly
Mine broke in half at the bend too. I spliced it back togeather with an aluminum clamp used for making picture frame hangers
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.