Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Checkin in....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BMiller
Thought I'd check in. I have loved 914's since I saw a nice minty fresh orange one back in the mid '90s outside a wedding reception. I recall thinking how angry I'd be if I were the one getting married and someone "unlocked the magic" on my Porsche. They had twisted apart the oreo cookies and "poke-a-dotted" the cars paint job......meh. Anyways, I live in Johnson City, TN and I just got an entry level job with First Tennessee Bank after years of management in restaurant/retail industries. I'm actually going to look at an orange 914 tomorrow with a buddy locally. He spotted it for me and the pic he sent me leads me to believe it hasn't been run in a very long time. There are weeds growing up around it.......depending on how bad the rust is in the key areas and how complete the car is............and the owner's willingness to sell it since it isn't for sale but looks to be a yard gnome and not a project he's planning on getting at.............will determine if this is the one I get or whether I hold off and go the Craigslist route. Wish me luck. beerchug.gif
markb
welcome.png
Once you catch this disease, you never get rid of it. biggrin.gif
BMiller
QUOTE(markb @ Oct 9 2009, 03:25 AM) *

welcome.png
Once you catch this disease, you never get rid of it. biggrin.gif

Thanks! And as for the disease..........I'm assuming it will be a more expensive version of my motorcycle one.......... headbang.gif lol-2.gif
jsayre914
good luck
welcome.png

the market seems flooded with 914s latley. ebay, thesamba, cl, world, club, etc

you should always buy the nicest one you can afford, it will have plenty of things that need attetion. lots of good people on this site to help beerchug.gif
ericread
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Oct 9 2009, 06:26 PM) *

good luck
welcome.png

the market seems flooded with 914s latley. ebay, thesamba, cl, world, club, etc

you should always buy the nicest one you can afford, it will have plenty of things that need attetion. lots of good people on this site to help beerchug.gif

agree.gif

And don't forget to get a trusty set of jack stands. rolleyes.gif

Eric
SGB
Another southerner too! Welcome, uh, y'all. beer.gif

Say, that looks a bit like Tail O' the Dragon in the avatar - yours I mean smile.gif . I went to school in Knoxville...
BMiller
QUOTE(SGB @ Oct 9 2009, 09:52 PM) *

Say, that looks a bit like Tail O' the Dragon in the avatar - yours I mean smile.gif . I went to school in Knoxville...

That is the Tail of the Dragon, good eye! That was back in '07 on my '01 Ducati M900Sie. drunk.gif

As for the "get what you can afford" comments, I've been strongly considering just buying a running/rust free one from out west and driving it home..........that would involve waiting a bit, but my girlfriend's family lives in Orange County so I figure we could fly out to Cali and I could just drive home driving.gif
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(BMiller @ Oct 9 2009, 09:17 PM) *

That is the Tail of the Dragon, good eye! That was back in '07 on my '01 Ducati M900Sie. drunk.gif

As for the "get what you can afford" comments, I've been strongly considering just buying a running/rust free one from out west and driving it home..........that would involve waiting a bit, but my girlfriend's family lives in Orange County so I figure we could fly out to Cali and I could just drive home driving.gif

"Cali"'s a LONG way from Orange County, and it's overrun with well armed narcotraficantes. Bad place to stop over on your way to California, and the plane fare's a LOT higher that way. The Cap'n
Elliot Cannon
I got a nice one here for ya. It'll make it back to Tn in no time. driving.gif
BMiller
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Oct 10 2009, 12:40 AM) *

QUOTE(BMiller @ Oct 9 2009, 09:17 PM) *

"Cali"'s a LONG way from Orange County, and it's overrun with well armed narcotraficantes. Bad place to stop over on your way to California, and the plane fare's a LOT higher that way. The Cap'n

lol-2.gif I'll let her know my use of "Cali" for the whole state of California is apparently not acceptable lol-2.gif She's from Buena Park.
BMiller
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Oct 10 2009, 01:09 AM) *

I got a nice one here for ya. It'll make it back to Tn in no time. driving.gif

That's just plain sexy! I was thinking more of a stock look and later adding 914-6 looking fender flares.........but I LOVE those wheels! drunk.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.