Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: tire recommendatio for original 15 inch Fuchs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
beto
I made the plunge and bought a 73 2.0 silver/black one owner 55k out of Fl. Not here (Wi) yet. It needs tires and muffler recommendations? I will not track and use occasionly 3 seasons. thanks newbie
ericread
Welcome!

I drive a 74 2.0L with the stock four-lug Fuchs. I have really liked the Falken 195/60R 15 (Falken ZIEX ZE-512 B ) tires.

I use my car as a daily driver (~15,000 miler per year) and the tires are pretty good in the performance area, have low road noise, and seem to be holding up well.

Eric Read
Jakeodoule
I run Michelin Pilots 195-60-15.
I think they are a good fit. They come out past the rim a bit to protect it. Also getting a 50 profile can subject the rim to bending on pot holes if you tag one.
I got mine at costco special order.
Not the stickiest tire, but I don't race my car.

IronHillRestorations
I'll 2nd the 195/60's. Good compromise tire size, any lower profile and you may not want to drive it very far/long. I guess that depends on your age!
914Sixer
Vredestein (German OE Mfr) is making 185/70x15 again. About $120 each. They are very close to the original size for the correct speedometer reading and factory ride height.
siverson
I know it's not the popular option, but I really like the factory 165 size tires on stock fours. I have 245/45/16s (rear) on my -6, but just replaced 195s with 165s on my -4 and love how it rides and handles. Sadly, its still enough tire for acceleration (only 100 hp) and it still handles REALLY well. The 165 tires available today are still light years away from the 165 tire technology of the early 70s.

-Steve
jsayre914
i have been runnnin Fuzion G-Force Sport 205 60 15 as a daily driver, they perform well and fill in the wells nice. kinda bulge out, but its a cool look and i dont worry about rubbing my rims on the parellel biggrin.gif

i liked them so much i also put them on the wifes versa too
Wardsweb
I went a little different route opting to stay closer to the original diameter to keep the speedo close. I run 195/65-15 Michelin Destiny tires. Here is a pic of the original steel wheels and the Fuchs I went with.

IPB Image
warrenoliver
Beto,

Where are you in Wisconsin? I'm in the Madison area. Good to have another teener in the state.

Warrenoliver
beto
I live in Door county!! Great Porsche driving! Thanks for the input still undecided. I have Pilots on the 993, and Fuldas on the 911sc which I really like. They came with the car German tires. Guess I'll decide when car gets here but will wait til spring. Yes with 3 P cars now my wife calls me Porsche Pig, oink
Drums66
Hey......this has been debated vigorously, like what's the best color??
(black of course) I run 195\ 60-15's Pirelli rubber! strictly street!! popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif shades.gif
no prob's with speedo!!

But........they are not on Fuch's?(Rivi's) open for another debate LOL
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.