Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Newbie Engine Build
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tdiddy
Ok, so I finally figured I should get around to posting some pictures of my first engine build. That and it'll be a nice way to kill the last couple minutes of my work day.

I'm getting close to having everything wrapped up. I hope to get her fired up in a week or so, which should be just in time for a couple of days driving and then it'll be time to pull the engine again and put the car back up on jack stands and continue with the rest of the project.

Before
Click to view attachment

During

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

After
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

I'm missing quite a few pictures from the in-between stages, but these are all I have with me at the moment.

Todd Enlund
Nice!
rick 918-S
thumb3d.gif bye1.gif
tat2dphreak
smilie_pokal.gif good job! tell us about the engine smile.gif
jsayre914
looks nice agree.gif

is it the angle, some of those plug wires look a little tight??
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Oct 11 2009, 11:40 AM) *

looks nice agree.gif

looks like 2.0L tin in the new engine instead of the 1.8/1.7 L tin in the earlier pics. maybe he used 1.7 plug wires, which have to stretch farther on the 1/2 side?
tdiddy
Ok engine details, was originally a 1.7l but is now a 1911. Had the heads reworked by HAM to bigger valves a the 2l spark plug angle and went with a mild cam and valve train kit from Raby.

Yeah I'm not real happy with how the plug wires are fitting on the 1/2 side, but I think they'll be ok. I don't actually have the plugs in yet so the wires are just kind of sitting there. The tin is still from the 1.7 but with the spark plug holes filled.

Hopefully i'll get it fired up at least once before winter.
cwpeden
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Oct 11 2009, 10:34 AM) *

QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Oct 11 2009, 11:40 AM) *

looks nice agree.gif

looks like 2.0L tin in the new engine instead of the 1.8/1.7 L tin in the earlier pics. maybe he used 1.7 plug wires, which have to stretch farther on the 1/2 side?

Needs 2.0 plug wires. About 6 inches longer. I ended up making my own.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.