Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 rear breaks
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
svsv
I'm new to 914s but been a car guy for along time but thies rear breaks seem to be stumping me WTF.gif I set them up per tech artical but it seems the pressure is not bleeding off cuz i can open the bleeder and they free right up anybody know whats up?
IronHillRestorations
You need to replace the rubber flex lines have deteriorated and are acting like a check valve. Very common. I just had a car in my shop with the same problem.

Over time the brake fluid breaks down the rubber and the inside of the hose clogs up. There's enough mechanical advantage from the master cylinder to push fluid to the caliper, but it will hold the brake fluid on that part of the hydraulic circuit under pressure. From the exterior the hose doesn't look bad, but it is toast.
svsv
QUOTE(9146986 @ Oct 11 2009, 05:14 AM) *

You need to replace the rubber flex lines have deteriorated and are acting like a check valve. Very common. I just had a car in my shop with the same problem.

Over time the brake fluid breaks down the rubber and the inside of the hose clogs up. There's enough mechanical advantage from the master cylinder to push fluid to the caliper, but it will hold the brake fluid on that part of the hydraulic circuit under pressure. From the exterior the hose doesn't look bad, but it is toast.

hey thanks alot it didn't even cross my mind but that makes perfect sence
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.