Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can someone measure their late style engine lid?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brian_Boss
While my engine lid is off, I am modifying it for the late style rain tray. The tray I have is a little warped so I would rather not use it to set the mounting points.

Can someone with a late lid measure the fore and aft distance between the mounting holes? I think both sides are the same but please measure both to be sure.

Thanks
Jakeodoule
QUOTE(Brian_Boss @ Oct 10 2009, 12:07 PM) *

While my engine lid is off, I am modifying it for the late style rain tray. The tray I have is a little warped so I would rather not use it to set the mounting points.

Can someone with a late lid measure the fore and aft distance between the mounting holes? I think both sides are the same but please measure both to be sure.

Thanks

185mm Driverside
230mm middle
187mmPass side

These are from a 75 lid
Jake
Jakeodoule
Hard to believe they are that dif, but I measured them three times.....
Brian_Boss
Thanks - that was quick. Part of the reason the center dimension is greater is that the holes are not parallel to the centerline.

Anyway, all done. Your measurements make sense because the driver's side comes out pretty much dead center on the diagonal reinforcment.

Here is the piece I had to add for the passenger side.
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.