Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AC Installation Instructions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jjbunn
If anyone wants a copy of the DPD A/C installation instructions for the 914, I have scanned my booklet and put it as a PDF here:

914 AC

(The above link has been removed at the request of the copyright owner/)
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(jjbunn @ Oct 10 2009, 12:45 PM) *

If anyone wants a copy of the DPD A/C installation instructions for the 914, I have scanned my booklet and put it as a PDF here:

914 AC

And that hurts my feelings as we bought out DPD years ago, made the pamphlet that you just posted, and have complete copyrights to print and sell the brochure for 10 dollars.

Bottom line, I would appreciate it if you would take it down. Nice picture of my 916 on the front cover though.
jjbunn
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Oct 10 2009, 01:08 PM) *

914 AC

And that hurts my feelings as we bought out DPD years ago, made the pamphlet that you just posted, and have complete copyrights to print and sell the brochure for 10 dollars.

Bottom line, I would appreciate it if you would take it down. Nice picture of my 916 on the front cover though.

Hi George,

Whoops ... of course I was unaware of that ... the document has a 1971 DPD copyright on one of the pages. As far as I know, it is the original DPD bound booklet, and came with the documentation for my car, which had a DPD A/C fitted on delivery.

Could you please clarify your ownership of the copyright, and then I will be happy to remove it?

Thanks!
Julian
dr914@autoatlanta.com
WE spent a lot of time resizing and redrawing all of the bad pictures from the old DPD paper instruction manual so it would fit into an owners manual and since my 916 was the only one with air conditioning thought it appropriate to put it on the front cover. We purposely did not put Automobile Atlanta on the instructions because we wanted to give the document an original look. The picture on the front cover is one of my 916 in the Vulcan materials gravel pit where one of our old catalog covers was taken.

With that said and as a matter of courtesy, I think that you should immediately remove it. I have the original here at my desk but do not think that I should have to prove anything if I say that I own it.

QUOTE(jjbunn @ Oct 10 2009, 01:20 PM) *

914 AC

Hi George,

Whoops ... of course I was unaware of that ... the document has a 1971 DPD copyright on one of the pages. As far as I know, it is the original DPD bound booklet, and came with the documentation for my car, which had a DPD A/C fitted on delivery.

Could you please clarify your ownership of the copyright, and then I will be happy to remove it?

Thanks!
Julian
jjbunn
OK George, I removed it - I wish it had your copyright on it, though, because if it had then I and others who come across these booklets would know who it belonged to biggrin.gif

Julian

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Oct 10 2009, 01:39 PM) *

WE spent a lot of time resizing and redrawing all of the bad pictures from the old DPD paper instruction manual so it would fit into an owners manual and since my 916 was the only one with air conditioning thought it appropriate to put it on the front cover. We purposely did not put Automobile Atlanta on the instructions because we wanted to give the document an original look. The picture on the front cover is one of my 916 in the Vulcan materials gravel pit where one of our old catalog covers was taken.

With that said and as a matter of courtesy, I think that you should immediately remove it. I have the original here at my desk but do not think that I should have to prove anything if I say that I own it.

QUOTE(jjbunn @ Oct 10 2009, 01:20 PM) *

914 AC

Hi George,

Thanks!
Julian

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.