Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mallory distributor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Elliot Cannon
I just installed some MSD ignition wires on my type IV. My engine also has a Mallory dist. I recall reading somewhere that they are not a good combination. Something about the dist. not liking those wires for some reason. Anybody hear of this being a problem?

Cheers, Elliot
Kirmizi
Elliot, I just pulled my Mallory Unilite paperwork out and it suggests using only "suppression type" "spiral core wires". Hope that helps.
Mike
ejm
It's the solid wires that are a problem. Spiral wound wires are what Mallory has always specified on their website. Following this is critical with the newer Mallory's. If your MSD wires are spiral wound they should be fine.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(ejm @ Oct 10 2009, 02:59 PM) *

It's the solid wires that are a problem. Spiral wound wires are what Mallory has always specified on their website. Following this is critical with the newer Mallory's. If your MSD wires are spiral wound they should be fine.

Thanks Ed. AAAh, how can I tell the difference?
ChrisFoley
Um, if you just installed them, what was written on the package they came in? biggrin.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Oct 10 2009, 10:16 PM) *

Um, if you just installed them, what was written on the package they came in? biggrin.gif

What? I was supposed to read that? lol-2.gif I'll figure it out. wacko.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.