Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heat Layout pics or diagram
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
barada
I searched but did not find anything to help me out. I need to see a couple of pics or an exploded diagram of the heating layout at the engine for a 914. My car came to me with 2.0 HE's and all the heating components in a box. I have been daily driving the 914 but it is pretty cold at 3 am in the morning and wanted to hook the heat back up.

Thanks
Phil
tat2dphreak
I just put all this on today, I can take pics of everything if you like... I would have never figured it out smile.gif
barada
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Oct 10 2009, 07:44 PM) *

I just put all this on today, I can take pics of everything if you like... I would have never figured it out smile.gif

Yeah that would be great.
Kirmizi
Have you looked on the AA or Pelican websites?
Both have IPBs showing parts and how they're assembled.
Mike
barada
QUOTE(Kirmizi @ Oct 10 2009, 10:50 PM) *

Have you looked on the AA or Pelican websites?
Both have IPBs showing parts and how they're assembled.
Mike

Mike, Yeah I looked on Pelican but all I found was the exploded view on their PET catalog.
tat2dphreak
it'll be monday be fore I get back over to the shop to take a picture sad.gif

the one I took didn't turn out, and wouldn't have showed much of the heat anyway.
tat2dphreak
since my picture fails, I'll try to explain the diagrams...

IPB Image

the J-tube in this first diagram connects to 19 on each side in the 2nd diagram. it connects near where the label for 15 is. there's also a bolt that connects the J-tube to the cooling tin, at a tab about 1/2 way down the J-tube.

IPB Image

in this pic you can see where 12 connects to 13, but the other end of 13 is where the flapper box goes. from the flapper box is another flex hose to the cabin. ( I don't have these yet so my pic wouldn't show them yet)

the front part of piece 19(where the #18 piece goes, too) is where it connects to the front shroud. piece 16 and 18 go on the top to lock the warm air guide to the H/E.

each side is the same

btw, I'm looking for a 2 port heater blower like the top diagram shows... pm me if you have one.
barada

Thanks Wayne. I will dig through the box and see if I have one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.