Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS wrecked 1970 914-6 2.2S motor 7x15's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
oemexp
I'm selling my wrecked 914-6 on ebay with a no reserve auction starting at 99 cents.

auction 320434172382

Mark
steveherman
QUOTE(oemexp @ Oct 11 2009, 12:17 AM) *

I'm selling my wrecked 914-6 on ebay with a no reserve auction starting at 99 cents.

auction 320434172382

Mark

omg.
that is so sad.
it WAS a nice car.
Gustl
would you mind telling us the VIN of this one idea.gif
rick 918-S
Posted this for you. Photos sell cars. Looks like it was a nice car.

Click to view attachment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...382#description
6freak
icon8.gif..Wanna sell just the motor
scrz914
What was the end result on Ebay?
number6
QUOTE(scrz914 @ Oct 19 2009, 06:52 PM) *

What was the end result on Ebay?

It seems the auction was ended early. I was going to wait and bid, but guess not. Prolly a good thing, because the last thing I need is another project smile.gif
EdwardBlume
Ditto. It was hovering between 5-6k and I think he wanted north of $10k... I would be down with checking it out.... and I'm right up the street.
rick 918-S
I was watching also. I was waiting until the end. I almost had the wife talked into lettin me bid. That car is seriously bent.
(. )( .)
Any word on the Car's end results....?
Seems people were interested, but nothing ever came of it....?
SLITS
RELIST

The outcome ....
lotus_65
what's the logic behind hiding the VIN?

it's a lot of money to spend on a smashed
car without verification of originality.
Gustl
QUOTE(lotus_65 @ Oct 31 2009, 07:56 PM) *

exactly my point confused24.gif

but I know this behaviour from german guys
they won't tell you the VIN of their car unless you do a ppi bootyshake.gif
DEC
QUOTE(Gustl @ Oct 31 2009, 08:20 PM) *

QUOTE(lotus_65 @ Oct 31 2009, 07:56 PM) *

exactly my point confused24.gif

but I know this behaviour from german guys
they won't tell you the VIN of their car unless you do a ppi bootyshake.gif

Wolfgang,
You make me feel ashamed.

That's may be happend to you , but is not the rule of
German guys.
Specially not for guys in the 914 scene.
You shouldn't it generalize.

Wilco

P.S. Hab dich trotzdem lieb grouphug.gif
Gint
Frankly I don't see the need to publicly list a VIN number to the world in an advertisement or an ebay sale. I would happily provide it to serious buyers, but it doesn't need to be displayed anyone who happens upon the ad (for whatever reason, intended purchaser or otherwise).
VaccaRabite

Guy is asking 11K for a wrecked car, and refusing to give VIN to potential buyers who ask him. This tells me that something fishy is going on, else why hide the VIN until you buy the car?

Zach
Gint
I didn't know he was hiding it from potential buyers. I don't see that bit of information in this thread anywhere.

My point was that I don't think it's necessary to put the VIN into your advertisements. I made a distinction about public display vs. giving it to serious buyers.
VaccaRabite
People ask in his Ebay ad, and he make no bones about not telling them until they buy. Its just fishy. It could be nothing.

Zach
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Nov 2 2009, 01:23 PM) *

People ask in his Ebay ad, and he make no bones about not telling them until they buy. Its just fishy. It could be nothing.

Zach

It could be that he only wants to protect the buyer. If someone wanted to rebuild the car and later sell it, then it would be publicly known the car was wrecked.
rjames
QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ Nov 4 2009, 10:37 AM) *

QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Nov 2 2009, 01:23 PM) *

Zach

It could be that he only wants to protect the buyer. If someone wanted to rebuild the car and later sell it, then it would be publicly known the car was wrecked.

It should be publicly known that the car was wrecked, especially considering the extent of the damage. Even if the car is fully restored to be sold again, potential buyers should be aware of the history. Anything less would be dishonest/unethical IMHO.
oemexp
I pulled the listing on ebay because it was at ~$5,500 for several days and I still see no evidence that it was going to sell for much more. I recieved several e-mails after tellling me they were going all the way to $5,800 at the end with a bid....Big F'ing deal! I'm not a Porsche dealer but I'm not a Porsche car charity either.

Additonally, my inbox was getting filled up with messages from angry ass holes demanding (in very rude ways) that I volunter the VIN number. None of your f'ing business!!!!!! The car is crashed, I am trying to protect the buyer from being attacked later when they choose to sell. There are numerous jerks on the net (you know who are and who aren't) that track these things just to screw up folks who spend real money doing proper fixes and restorations to crashed cars. People who are fans of these -6's should welcome restorations so they don't all disappear! It's better for everyone and it's shameful that a few jerks mess things up for the rest of us.

Finally, the car is aparently worth more in parts than potentially alive as a restored car. I have reluctantly decided to strip it, sell off all the parts and use the chassis (safety cell only) for a planned race car build I need to do. It was never salvaged so I'm really disappointed in having to do this but these cars just don't bring sufficient money to justify fixing it...I guess.

Now, I circle back to this listing to see that it's turned into a Dork Magnet. I appreciate some of the thoughfull comments a few of you made regarding protection of numbers for others etc. but the fishy comments might be revealing the source of the recent messages I've been recieving. It's simple, if you don't want the car....don't buy it.

Mark
EdwardBlume
Mark,

I agree with you on keeping the VIN tight.... you don't owe anyone anything except if they are serious and want to check the VIN for themselves.

Sorry to see the hassle you're going through though. Its a tough proposition to take on a smasher and restore it hence the range of interest above $10K. Disappointingly, you should get that easily by parting it out.

Good luck with the part out, and I hope there is a happy ending with it.

Rob
6freak
smile.gif flag.gif icon_bump.gif
oemexp
Thanks for the comment Rob. I have given the VIN to a couple of folks who were real buyers. You're right also about the part out. This will all work out in the end. The parts will sell and I'll end up with a race car will cool plates in case I need to shake it out on the street getting ready for track events.

I'll post the parts I have for sale as the car comes apart.

Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.