Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sources for GT-style manual headlight kits?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
campbellcj
I'm interested in ditching the motor mechanisms but keeping the lights, if I can find a somewhat affordable cable setup that does not entail a bazillion hours of custom fabrication. I know of one source of the 'real thing' in the US but I cannot justify the cost of that route.

Anybody know of another source for these? I thought MittleMotor in Germany had them at one point, but I have been unable to find much info. I may just shoot them an email to double check.

Thanks,
stuttgart46
I would be interested as well.
javadog
Air-Cooled Racing was making a batch of them at one point. I don't know if they ever got completed. They were having problems finding the appropriate struts.

JR
nein14
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Oct 11 2009, 02:52 PM) *

I'm interested in ditching the motor mechanisms but keeping the lights, if I can find a somewhat affordable cable setup that does not entail a bazillion hours of custom fabrication. I know of one source of the 'real thing' in the US but I cannot justify the cost of that route.

Anybody know of another source for these? I thought MittleMotor in Germany had them at one point, but I have been unable to find much info. I may just shoot them an email to double check.

Thanks,

It has been in the works for sometime, the kits are complete and is the final testing stage. however to get it right was a long time coming as everyone who is on the list knows.

Presently all the kits are spoken for, sorry.
9146racing
the partnumber for "mittelmotors" GT-style headlight kit is

it took a while to find it on their website, their translation is a little confusing and it is listed under group 9 for electrical equipment. they are asking 399 euros.
ChicagoPete
Here is a link to the last set that MittelMotor sold on eBay US. Fair price. I think the kit is listed for 399Euro on their site, but unable to post a link to it here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...%3D1&_rdc=1

Perhaps you could contact them thru eBay if you are really interested in a set.

Peter
campbellcj
Thanks guys! Hans - I found it on the web site. You are right about the translation - it is listed as "Headlight unblocking 914/6 GT". I am attempting to order one and we'll see how it goes smile.gif
9146racing
order should go smooth, got a part from them a couple of months ago. they even followed up to see if everything was okay. let me know when you have the kit, would love to see their product!
popcorn[1].gif
stuttgart46
Chris,
Please provide feedback after you receive it and install it. I know I'm going that route, just not sure how yet.
Thanks,
Chad
carr914
Ben (badm) has a MittleMotor kit on his 914-6.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...c=97364&hl=
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.