Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1.7 Rockers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
statesblue
Thought I read on here somewhere about using 1.7 rockers on 1.8 heads or something to that order for better performance. Danmmed if i can find it again.
Is this something for more performance or was I reading wrong?????????????????

I am pretty old so....................
McMark
1.7 rockers are compatible with 911 swivel foot adjusters, which are the improvement.
Sleepin
1.7 Rockers can be used to utilize the elephants feet adjusters (swivel foot) from the 911. The 1.8 and 2.0L rockers have a different adjuster diameter, and cannot be used with the elephants feet.
jaxdream
If one does go this route of using the 1.7 rockers and the elephant feet adjusters , do you need to use a custom pushrod as in what is needed on the VW engines ??
This part hasn't been mentioned or explained , which would be helpful.

Jaxdream
sean_v8_914
it's easy but not simple. the bottom of the 1.7 rocker gets shaved 0.06" to accomodate the extra length atop the elephant foot. this can be done on a grinder by hand. stock pushrods can be used. you need to look up the various threads on this board and 914club.com that discuss valve train geometry. the angle in which it pushes on teh valve stem throughout its travel is important. proper angle ensures valve train longevity. sometimes a shim under the rocker perch may be needed to get it right
jaxdream
Thanks , you jogged my memory some ( CRS ) , I did read some about the clearencing of the arm now that you mention it. Stock rods good then . Thanks !!!!!

Jaxdream
orange914
do the valve train geometry also. very good mod smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.