Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bumper Top
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tradisrad
I've got a bumper top that is in good shape with the exception of some broken studs. I did a search to try and find information on repairing these studs and I became impatient with the search results. So I am starting a new thread.

I would like to know what the common fix for broken bumper top studs is.
thanks
-Rob
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(tradisrad @ Oct 11 2009, 06:47 PM) *

I've got a bumper top that is in good shape with the exception of some broken studs. I did a search to try and find information on repairing these studs and I became impatient with the search results. So I am starting a new thread.

I would like to know what the common fix for broken bumper top studs is.
thanks
-Rob

mount it and put a sheetmetal screw up into it or drill it and install another stud.
tradisrad
thanks, my inital thought was to drill and re-tap it. How far into the pad does the stud go?
thanks again
-Rob
bandjoey
drill oversided and epoxy a bolt or threaded sleve into the rubber
Gint
The first two threads (after yours) in this search look pretty good.

link for 914world search of terms "+broke* +bumper +pad +stud"
Mikey914
Drill it and epoxy a stainless stud in. If the top and corners are good, it should last a few more years easy.
tradisrad
Top is in good shape, so It only needs new studs. Thanks for the replies.
Gint
QUOTE(Gint @ Oct 12 2009, 07:07 AM) *
The first two threads (after yours) in this search look pretty good.

link for 914world search of terms "+broke* +bumper +pad +stud"
I didn't realize it but my link was broken. I've since fixed it.Have a look at the first two threads after yours in this search link. Good info...
rfuerst911sc
The item you want to use is called a hanger bolt. It is a lag thread on one end and a machine thread on the other. They come in different diameters and lengths. Drill out the best you can the broken stud. Purchase some of these hanger bolts the correct size or as near as you can get. Mix up some JB Weld or epoxy of your choice and coat the coarse threads of the hanger bolt. Screw it into the hole and let it dry. Should last a long time.
bandjoey
And you can shop our wonderful member Mikey914rubber. biggrin.gif
Mikey914
It is OEM, so drive it in the rain and it's only a matter of time. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.