Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: suspension suggestions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nvrupnvrin
We have a 1973 914-6 conversion, with suspension parts that came from a donor car, so not sure about specs, age, etc. Bilstein shocks, but that's about all we know. We were told that the bushings should be replaced in the near future, so we thought we'd inquire about more suspension parts.

The car will be used for DE (track), autocross, and a little street driving (just to keep her exercised )

Bilstein, Koni, springs? And what kind of suspension bushings?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
jaxdream
Being you are in the NrtEst check out Chris's products at CFR Racing , heck give him a call , he could steer you in the right direction , and has reasonbly priced products / solutions.

Jaxdream
sean_v8_914
im glad you posted how you intend to use the car,. this is important to know before anyone can really make suggestions.
I like Koni yellow sports for their easy adjuster on top.(track conditions)
although poly graphite bushings are cheap to buy, you will pay more than the cost of poly bronze for PROPER fittment of the plastic ones.
I like poly bronze by elephant racing. Tarett engineering sells them. this is coming from a guy who makes more $ to install the plastic.

for spring rate suggestions, we need to know more about your driving skills, style and tires. a highly skilled driver will benefit from a stiffer setup while an intermediate or novice will be very slow and all over the place on a stiff set up. tire width? flairs? whta tire do you want to run? what venues will you run?
nvrupnvrin
for spring rate suggestions, we need to know more about your driving skills, style and tires. a highly skilled driver will benefit from a stiffer setup while an intermediate or novice will be very slow and all over the place on a stiff set up. tire width? flairs? whta tire do you want to run? what venues will you run?
[/quote

Right now I am in the novice run group for PCA DE's. Running street tires, 245x16 rear and 225x16 front. Have aspirations of running R tires, probably back to 15 inch wheels. Do have flairs. I imagine the car is pretty stiff now, since the "donor" parts were from a car that was primarily used for the track.

Since I live in the Northeast, Pocono is my home track, but plan to visit Watkins Glen again, maybe some more tracks in the East.

Thanks for your help.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.