Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: 914-8 Emblem
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
dakotaewing
Been looking for one for a while with no luck -
W. Bowen who used to make these, has not in a long while...
Suggestions are welcome -

TE
Bruce Hinds
Not sure where to find it, but there was a recent thread regarding the emblems. Some one was making them out of vinyl, someone posted a link to download the Porsche Font, etc.
I've long looked for an "8" that was close and couldn't find one acceptble so I had a pair of corvette crossed flags, I thought was cool.
I've recently noticed the Jeep cherokee has a V8 logo that is about the same size and close in font. It may be a stick on too so you could seperate the out just the 8 if you want to. I've been meaning to take a 914 emblem over to the Jeep dealer and see how they compare.
B
dakotaewing
QUOTE(Bruce Hinds @ Oct 12 2009, 11:41 AM) *

Not sure where to find it, but there was a recent thread regarding the emblems. Some one was making them out of vinyl, someone posted a link to download the Porsche Font, etc.
I've long looked for an "8" that was close and couldn't find one acceptble so I had a pair of corvette crossed flags, I thought was cool.
I've recently noticed the Jeep cherokee has a V8 logo that is about the same size and close in font. It may be a stick on too so you could seperate the out just the 8 if you want to. I've been meaning to take a 914 emblem over to the Jeep dealer and see how they compare.
B

Thanks Bruce -
I have been holding out for the emblem similar to what Bowen was making -
It looked/felt/essentially was the real deal...
burton73
QUOTE(dakotaewing @ Oct 12 2009, 11:10 PM) *

QUOTE(Bruce Hinds @ Oct 12 2009, 11:41 AM) *

B

Thanks Bruce -
I have been holding out for the emblem similar to what Bowen was making -
It looked/felt/essentially was the real deal...

I am up for one of these as well.

Bob
RJMII
How much was he charging for these? I might put them on my list of things to cut out when I get my CNC mini mill up and running... (eta end of this month)
dakotaewing
QUOTE(RJMII @ Oct 13 2009, 01:10 PM) *

How much was he charging for these? I might put them on my list of things to cut out when I get my CNC mini mill up and running... (eta end of this month)

I think they were in the $50 range... confused24.gif

bag5rcg
I would like one too....When they come available....Either 918 or 914-8
dakotaewing
icon_bump.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.