Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Poll: What to do with extra 1.8l engine?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RiqueMar

IPB Image

IPB Image
jsayre914
i also currently have an extra 1.8 engine. I bought it so i could rebuild my 2056, so there would be no down time, and i wouldnt have so much pressure to get it done quick. It was a good idea...... dry.gif untill i broke the extra engine.

now i am building both blink.gif
McMark
Build it into a 1911.
993inNC
I too have an extra 1.8L (came with my car when I bought it). I'm still torn with what to do with the car all together, but if its not the original engine to the car, punch the hell out of it and have a monster motor is what I keep hearing from those I talk to. These cars are slow and laboring stock, so more power is the solution. Big motor, bigger carbs biggrin.gif
GreatPumpkin
put it in a riding lawn mower
Poor ole un-loved 1.8's....... lol-2.gif

I am in this boat also. Have recently built 2056 to replace a strong running carbed/header/exhausted 1.8.

I was thinking about race engine with mine but that could easly turn into get this damn thing out of my garage after 5 years....

KP
993inNC
Maybe we should find an engine builder willing to give us a group buy price biggrin.gif There must be a half dozen people here willing to grab a new engine
SirAndy
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Oct 12 2009, 01:23 PM) *

What to do with extra 1.8l engine?

Get another 1.8L junker, strip all the tin off both and weld them together at the crank!
3.6L !!!

Be the 3rd to have a flat, aircooled 8 cylinder 914 ...
cheer.gif Andy
underthetire
A friend dumped off a buss 1.7 at my house. Even has the fueld pump cut-out in the case. What the hell i'll do with it dunno. Guess the rockers can go on my 2.0. On the bright side I got 6 2.0 rods and a crank and a full gasket set with it. Even some new bearings.
LarryR
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 12 2009, 07:56 PM) *

QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Oct 12 2009, 01:23 PM) *

What to do with extra 1.8l engine?

Get another 1.8L junker, strip all the tin off both and weld them together at the crank!
3.6L !!!

Be the 3rd to have a flat, aircooled 8 cylinder 914 ...
cheer.gif Andy

agree.gif that would be SWEET!! beerchug.gif
HAM Inc
I'll buy the 1.8 heads.
Cevan
I've got 3 1.8s. 5.4 liter. Hmmmm, that works out to 228 hp.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.