Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wood shift knob
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Verruckt
Was going through some boxes in the garage today and came across a 914 wood shift knob. I think I remember they were worth something, or maybe not? Can anyone let me know? I sold my 914 so no longer have a use for it.
McMark
I heard TRE Motorsports sells a 'striped' wooden knob for $75. Is yours striped? Or is it one of the 'solid' ones?
Verruckt
QUOTE(McMark @ Oct 12 2009, 05:47 PM) *

I heard TRE Motorsports sells a 'striped' wooden knob for $75. Is yours striped? Or is it one of the 'solid' ones?

This is a solid one. Not sure about the type of wood. Not sure if it's an original, or some aftermarket. Anyone have some info on it? I'd appreciate it. Here's a couple of photos.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
zonedoubt
Looks like an Amco knob.
McMark
Nothing special, in my experience.

Of course, if they get rare enough and 914s escalate enough, good quality aftermarket doo-dads can get pricey. But that's a lotta if-s.
URY914
Yep, I'd agree it's a aftermarket. Floormats, luggage racks, wood dash, gearshift knobs, all could be found in the pages of Road & Track in the '70's.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.