Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fuch and the $835 car they are attached to
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
itsaporsche914
the wheel has a type of locking mech. the size is 15 x ? does it look real. i cant remove it yet. ARIZONA car battery tray rust. motor run or condition? its got to be worth $835. right?
Cap'n Krusty
Get behind the wheel with a flashlight and a rag. The part numbers and the Fuchs symbol are on the inside of the spokes. The Cap'n
Socalandy
need to see the #'s on the back side of the wheel. 911 p/n should be there if its genuine.

sixnotfour
Fake
carr914
It's tough to say from the picture. You really need to see if the numbers are on the back of the wheel (see chart below).

Also at the fattest part of the paddles is there a lip (at the transition from the anodized silver and black). A Real Fuch should be smooth. There looks like a lip there.

T.C.

Click to view attachment
itsaporsche914
i took the lug nuts off and was surprised that the nuts weighed nothing. super lite. tommorrow i will look on the back side also no lip they are smooth
itsaporsche914
they are attached to a 75 2.0 that im buying probably
bigkensteele
QUOTE(itsaporsche914 @ Oct 12 2009, 04:35 PM) *

they are attached to a 75 2.0 that im buying probably

I think that they are fake due to the subtle edge on the paddles. However, given the value of 5 lug conversion parts and the fake fuchs themselves, you can make money on this car at $825, unless it is stuffed with asbestos, infested by hornets, or you are alergic to rust. If you have the facilities, buy the car, part it out and make some coin!
ArtechnikA
Just as one fox is not a fock, one Fuchs is still a Fuchs.
nsr-jamie
I have real Fuchs on my car and the contours seam slightly different, my wheels are 15 x 5.5 and those look a big squarer shaped (is that even English)? From the pic you posted they appear to look like repro wheels to me. Sorry
itsaporsche914
after further inspection the wheels are fake. they were stamped AEW 15X6 . im thinking American Eagle Wheels. the car has been sitting and mice have been eating the wires. the car was is the middle of some type of a restoration and for some reason the owners stopped in the middle. it is a Arizona car with typical Arizona rust. just the battery tray surface rust. Does the 5 lug conversion and the min. rust, no body damage. make this car worth $850? any input helpful
914Sixer
I would buy it at that price. IS the 5 conversion done with 911 stuff?
itsaporsche914
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Oct 14 2009, 07:22 AM) *

I would buy it at that price. IS the 5 conversion done with 911 stuff?

i not sure how to tell, im a 4 lug guy
carr914
Well since you pulled the wheels, look to see if the rotors/ hubs were re-drilled.

I would buy it for $825, of course I would probably offer $600 cuz of the fake wheels. biggrin.gif

T.C.
SLITS
First, to tell you if it's worth it we need more images.

Shoot images of the front & rear hubs, interior, other side, front & back of the car. What engine is in it? Does it have sway bars? What kind of rear shocks (you can't see the fronts without disassembly.

That's the long and Clay of it.
76-914
QUOTE(SLITS @ Oct 14 2009, 10:02 AM) *

First, to tell you if it's worth it we need more images.

Shoot images of the front & rear hubs, interior, other side, front & back of the car. What engine is in it? Does it have sway bars? What kind of rear shocks (you can't see the fronts without disassembly.

That's the long and Clay of it.

av-943.gif I smell "short" jokes. I'm sure we'll hear from Clay, next!
ME733
popcorn[1].gif ..well you can not find much of anything, sports car wise for $850.00 anymore that is worth having, ..and you are buying a "porsche" car. You will , by your discreption , have a project to restore. If you are a dedicated car guy, you can restore that 914. If you are a long way away from ,other 914 owners,or mechanics with some technical experience with these or similar cars you might be in a world of hurt. If the car is COMPLETE even if it,s apart you may not get hurt too bad even if you "bail out" of the restoration at a later date. My advise is NEVER purchase a basketcase car to restore just to make a profit. usually never works out. purchase it because YOU want to ultimately DRIVE IT., use it, and enjoy it. Plan on spending 2-4 times what you THINK it might cost to restore,and similarly time wise. generally sounds like a resonable deal, but you have left out a lot of details about this car that could have a significant impact on the restoration costs. It may be good only as a parts car...which you should also consider. Create and go thru a list of "What if,s " which might help you make your decision. But by all means "TRY" to make a decision that is practical for you, in your particular situation. good luck, I hope this helps. popcorn[1].gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.