Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Outer door fuzzies installation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EJP914
1. I don't ever, ever, ever want to put these again...ever.
2. Putting them into the track a little at a time with a screwdriver is the way to go. I can't imagine trying to pull these through.
3. Taking the tracks off of the doors seemed to make it go easier.
4. I crimped along the bottom edge of the fuzzy strip with a pair of pliers, making it into pointed edge so it would fit deeper into the bottom of the track.
5. I heated the fuzzy strip with a hair dryer as I pushed into the track with the scewdriver. Went in a whole lot easier.

I don't know if this was the right way to do it, but they are in and look pretty good.

I want to thank all that responded to my original post on this subject. Your suggestions and direction were much appreciated. Special thanks to Chris (993inNC) and Jim (jk76.914) for their step by step instructions.

Ed
Dr Evil
Ya, those suck to put in and they are WAY over priced. Congratulations.
993inNC
hey that's cool Ed, congrats, glad I could be of some assistance. I'm still pulling my car apart........jeez there's a lot of parts on that little car! Who'd a thunk?

Did you take pics of the assembly of those strips?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.