914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
oldschool
very wet
stephenaki
QUOTE(oldschool @ Oct 13 2009, 11:38 PM) *

very wet

At least it ain't frozen! happy11.gif
Todd Enlund
I'm not sure that car cover is doing a whole helluva lotta good...
IronHillRestorations
zactly why I had the first "Umbrella Cover" made!
balljoint
That's Hot! smile.gif
flipb
Too bad it's not a '74 with front bumper tits. happy11.gif

For what it's worth: I knew I was going to need a cover for my teener for this winter. I had my eyes on a Covercraft Stormproof, but they're awfully expensive. I shopped around and found that the best price was at autopartswarehouse.com - they have the custom-fit 914 cover for $241 with free shipping. It's hard to find on their website but if you search for part number C37CVC2SP98PR2568 it should come up.

Another tip: Google autopartswarehouse coupons and you might find some discount codes you can apply - I got $25 off that way.
oldschool
QUOTE(flipb @ Oct 14 2009, 06:51 AM) *

Too bad it's not a '74 with front bumper tits. happy11.gif

For what it's worth: I knew I was going to need a cover for my teener for this winter. I had my eyes on a Covercraft Stormproof, but they're awfully expensive. I shopped around and found that the best price was at autopartswarehouse.com - they have the custom-fit 914 cover for $241 with free shipping. It's hard to find on their website but if you search for part number C37CVC2SP98PR2568 it should come up.

Another tip: Google autopartswarehouse coupons and you might find some discount codes you can apply - I got $25 off that way.

thanks guys, I know that cover really sucks. last minute stromberg.gif
tod914
Cheap solution, get a plastic tarp and put it over the cover when you suspect rain. You'll need to take it off once it's done raining due to condensation, but your car will be dry and so will your cover.
Most of the expensive covers loose their repelancy after a season or two anyway.
oldschool
QUOTE(tod914 @ Oct 14 2009, 09:22 AM) *

Cheap solution, get a plastic tarp and put it over the cover when you suspect rain. You'll need to take it off once it's done raining due to condensation, but your car will be dry and so will your cover.
Most of the expensive covers loose their repelancy after a season or two anyway.

when i get back from work today i think i hit harbor f
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.