Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ball joints on evil bay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nycchef
has anyone tried these ball joints. i was told to stay away from their turbo tie rods because of crappy rubber problems.( i did) should i expect the same with the ball joints? also will these fit in a 73

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...2&viewitem=
914Sixer
Word has it the rubber on these are no better. The ball joint itself is good. The problem is the rubber boot is no longer available. I have not heard recently if the same problem has happen to the Lemforder (the best) though. Maybe some one else will drop in and comment.
gasman
I bought these ball joints with the mistake of saving money. The "seller" sent the wrong joints......after sending them back and fighting for over a month to get my money back, I had to file a claim with ebay to get my money. I don't care how good or bad there are, keep AWAY from this seller. Besides he is a nasty guy.
nycchef
QUOTE(gasman @ Oct 14 2009, 06:38 AM) *

I bought these ball joints with the mistake of saving money. The "seller" sent the wrong joints......after sending them back and fighting for over a month to get my money back, I had to file a claim with ebay to get my money. I don't care how good or bad there are, keep AWAY from this seller. Besides he is a nasty guy.

nough' said .i'll go with lemforder. thanks for the heads up
rich
tat2dphreak
don't forget to check paragon-products for the ball-joint parts, they were quite a bit cheaper for the same lemforder part that AA, pelican and others had a few years ago, when I did mine. if you have EVER had a ball joint fail(or tie rod for that matter), you will not try to "get by" with a cheaper brand.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(nycchef @ Oct 14 2009, 07:14 AM) *

has anyone tried these ball joints. i was told to stay away from their turbo tie rods because of crappy rubber problems.( i did) should i expect the same with the ball joints? also will these fit in a 73

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...2&viewitem=

Did you even read the ad? No, they WILL NOT fit your car. The Cap'n
SLITS
To his credit, the ad is WRONG. Look at the bottom and it lists the late model cars even though these are for the early cars. The dick doesn't know what he's selling.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(SLITS @ Oct 14 2009, 10:06 AM) *

To his credit, the ad is WRONG. Look at the bottom and it lists the late model cars even though these are for the early cars. The dick doesn't know what he's selling.

Not being an expert on these things, I read that. The headline for that section of the ad reads: "Fits the Foll. EURO Models of PORSCHE". Perhaps there's a difference in the European market cars, and perhaps he knows that ...................

The Cap'n
nycchef
Not being an expert on these things, I read that. The headline for that section of the ad reads: "Fits the Foll. EURO Models of PORSCHE". Perhaps there's a difference in the European market cars, and perhaps he knows that ...................

The Cap'n

i e-mailed them and asked if they had the part for a 73 even sent them the vin.they said they did. i am not goin to buy them from them. will check papragon if not back to the bird
SirAndy
Type "deutschepartsusa" into google and be prepared for hours of fun reading!

barf.gif
Greg44
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Oct 14 2009, 07:53 AM) *

don't forget to check paragon-products for the ball-joint parts, they were quite a bit cheaper for the same lemforder part that AA, pelican and others had a few years ago, when I did mine. if you have EVER had a ball joint fail(or tie rod for that matter), you will not try to "get by" with a cheaper brand.

agree.gif
harlenl
Adding my 2 cents as well. Ball joints sent were incorrect and promised a refund. Sent them back and never heard from him. Spoke to him once, said I was due a refund and couldn't figure out why I hadn't received it. Had to chase him through Paypal. Stay as far a way from this loser. Pass the word.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.