Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2010 Hershey Mid Engine Invasion Thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VaccaRabite
Event date is APRIL 24th 2010! At least, that is what I have heard, as the PCA-Central Penn region website is down right now. sad.gif Could anyone confirm?

Last year we had a KILLER team orging the MIE, and the event was a smashing success by all accounts. I'd like to see some folks step forward to help plan again this year. I will help plan, but can't take the lead role as I am now in my final year of grad school, and just can't plan on my play-time schedule.
Here is our list of planning needs.
We need:

• Someone to take the lead role Rich Towle has said he'll do it again!
  • Someone to promote to other 914 websites (club, NARP, etc.)
  • Someone to find us a party spot at the event, and a party spot after. Rich Towle
  • Someone to get us goodies to give to you. Ray Mital has stepped up for this again! Excellent!
  • Someone to handle the money.
  • Someone to ensure tenting on site.
  • Lots of people to attend!
This post will always have the most up to date info for the event that I have.

IPB Image
IPB Image
Zach
jsayre914
I can try an help out more this time around. i will be coming on saturday, but not sunday. the event was killer, but the biggest thing needing work that i saw, was the parking situation. the caravan was awesome, but when we got there, no parking. and the few 914s that got there early in the "914 only" parking were flooded by other p cars.

i would love to help with whatever i can zach. the wife will NOT be comming this time around.
saigon71
Hope to have my 74 in action by then & join you guys.
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

I can help, from this distance I don,t know what tho. And assuming i am still

looking down at the grass. No one dare post " I would attend but it's to far for

me."

If this broken down old 71 yr. man can drive a 914 ,974 miles round trip to

attend. ALL you kids can!!!! Dave slap.gif

rick 918-S
QUOTE(BarberDave @ Oct 16 2009, 02:06 PM) *

smilie_pokal.gif

I can help, from this distance I don,t know what tho. And assuming i am still

looking down at the grass. No one dare post " I would attend but it's to far for

me."

If this broken down old 71 yr. man can drive a 914 ,974 miles round trip to

attend. ALL you kids can!!!! Dave slap.gif

agree.gif Hows your back doing Dave? Did they fix it?
jsayre914
For anybody that dosnt know how much fun it will be, see the pictures from last years event. Pictures start on page 17
driving.gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...2532&st=320

smilie_pokal.gif

VaccaRabite
This is a bump. I talked to Ray Mital a few moments ago about planning. We need to start now if it is going to happen.
We need:
Someone to take the lead role
Someone to promote to other 914 websites (club, NARP, etc.)
Someone to find us a party spot at the event, and a party spot after.
Someone to get us goodies to give to you.
Someone to handle the money.
Someone to ensure tenting on site.
Lots of people to attend!

This event last year was epic, but it takes a lot of work to make it epic. Can anyone step forward?

Zach
rmital
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jan 8 2010, 12:03 PM) *

This is a bump. I talked to Ray Mital a few moments ago about planning. We need to start now if it is going to happen.
We need:
Someone to take the lead role
Someone to promote to other 914 websites (club, NARP, etc.)
Someone to find us a party spot at the event, and a party spot after.
Someone to get us goodies to give to you.
Someone to handle the money.
Someone to ensure tenting on site.
Lots of people to attend!

This event last year was epic, but it takes a lot of work to make it epic. Can anyone step forward?

Zach

I'll start to look into sponsored "goodies"
....and shirts. Preordering shirts was good. Most teeners seem to be wearing the MIE shirts that Saturday. I don't know how many wanted to purchase the day of the event??
VaccaRabite
Does anyone want to take a stab at designing a 2010 MIE t-shirt? I did it last year, but this year should be a new design.

Zach
rick 918-S
Thanks for bringing this up Zach. I know how busy you are going to be this year.

Who were the other locals at the event other than Evil? That's who needs to take the lead this time. Doc is working on getting gainful employment.

It shouldn't be a lot of work for the local guys this year. Just follow last years formula for lodging, parking at the event and food. Why re-invent the wheel?

Dr Evil
I can still help as I wont be leaving town until June most likely.
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 8 2010, 05:28 PM) *

Bitch'n! Can we use you bus to haul stuff from my house to the event? I am GOING to drive my 914 this year, not tow it, by god! But I'll have stuff to bring that might not fit in it.

Zach
Mike Bellis
If you move the event to San Francisco, I could help. beer.gif
jsayre914
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jan 8 2010, 06:30 PM) *

I am GOING to drive my 914 this year, not tow it, by god!
Zach

Zach, we need to hook up the caravan. How many 914s will be northbound I83 Saturday Morning? What time are we planning to get there? We should meet at the Hotel again...that was a lot of fun, rolling in driving.gif
rick 918-S
I received an email from my son's friend that got us the domain name for last years event. He told me the name as about to expire. I paid him today to renew the domain. If you guys want it it's yours.
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 10 2010, 12:39 AM) *

I received an email from my son's friend that got us the domain name for last years event. He told me the name as about to expire. I paid him today to renew the domain. If you guys want it it's yours.

Yes, we would love it. I don't even remember what the account info is though...

Zach
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jan 9 2010, 10:01 PM) *

Zach

I think the info is in last years planning forum. Actually I don't remember either. Rich Towle my remember.

The site is still active as well as the email address. It just needs to be updated and your in business.
ArtechnikA
I'll be there in one fashion or another. Current work project has me fully occupied so I''d be astonished if I had any paintings available, but you never know. Since it looks like I'm going "RSR-esque" with the 911 I may be looking to deal on my "skinny" (8") Fuchs... No P-car this year but the 'Porsche Support Vehicle' Titan holds more stuff anyway. I'll have the ArtechnikA EZ-Up available...
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 10 2010, 12:10 AM) *

QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jan 9 2010, 10:01 PM) *

Zach

I think the info is in last years planning forum. Actually I don't remember either. Rich Towle my remember.

The site is still active as well as the email address. It just needs to be updated and your in business.

I was going to offer to host the page for free, but I see you already have it handled.

Betty and I won't be there this year. I have gainful employment now, and no PTO. I am going to miss being there.
r_towle
Ray and I have been talking...we are on this.
At least the initial portions of hotel, the dinner are underway.
I still need to contact the local region to sort out a few things that we will change from last year...

Give me a few days and I will have some news by end of the week.

Rich
Spoke

Doc, I haven't been keeping up with things here. Your statement sounds like you're leaving Hersey for good? Do you have new gig lined up?
VaccaRabite

Excellent, Rich and Ray!

Let em know what you want on the first post, and I will keep it updated. I have an idea for a shirt design, but don't know that I will have time to get into illustrator to make it. Classes start tomorrow. sad.gif

Zach
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
icon_bump.gif

What no action since Jan. 10 th , My computer was in for repairs since Jan. 15 , ( that's a Bitch) long long story . Can some one update me & all.
I'll try very hard to make it , back is still bad , that is the only thing that will keep me at home. Dave
rick 918-S
QUOTE(BarberDave @ Feb 13 2010, 06:08 PM) *

smilie_pokal.gif
icon_bump.gif

What no action since Jan. 10 th , My computer was in for repairs since Jan. 15 , ( that's a Bitch) long long story . Can some one update me & all.
I'll try very hard to make it , back is still bad , that is the only thing that will keep me at home. Dave

Hi Dave! Sandy and I were just talking about you today! Keep moving man!
VaccaRabite
Rich and Ray opened a thread on it, and since they are running the show I stopped bumping this one. I tried to search for the new thread, but I can't find it. sad.gif

Zach
Dr Evil
QUOTE(Spoke @ Jan 10 2010, 11:13 AM) *

Doc, I haven't been keeping up with things here. Your statement sounds like you're leaving Hersey for good? Do you have new gig lined up?

Hey Jerry,
I am either going to Washington, PA or Latrobe, PA for residency (3 yrs) starting in July.

All, no one has contacted me to check on anything. I am still willing to put boots on the ground smile.gif
Dr Evil
Oh ya, most important to me is spaces. We need to get on those so we can get them together. I WILL have my bus there for shelter, entertainment and supplies. I also hope to have some parts and my tranz rebuild DVD done by then so I can sell a few copies biggrin.gif
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 14 2010, 01:32 AM) *

Oh ya, most important to me is spaces. We need to get on those so we can get them together. I WILL have my bus there for shelter, entertainment and supplies. I also hope to have some parts and my tranz rebuild DVD done by then so I can sell a few copies biggrin.gif

Somewhere I posted that I would be willing to provide spaces for the MEI adjacent to my vendor spaces this year. No one has gotten back to me on this so far. Reservation deadline is 3/10 IIRC.
VaccaRabite
Chris, I'll get a PM out to you, Rich and Ray as soon as Theo goes down for his nap in a few minutes. We will get this coordinated. They may already have spaces lined up, but I agree that it would be nice to have all the 914 spaces in one area.

To that end, it might even be worth getting in touch with Aircooled Racing as he usually has 1/2 a row for his trailers and the 3 914s.

Mya be too late, though. I am sure the front spaces fill quick. I should have thought of it sooner.

Zach
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Feb 14 2010, 11:32 AM) *

I am sure the front spaces fill quick. I should have thought of it sooner.

Spaces for next year's event will be on sale at this year's event.
You know the big players make their commitments a year in advance...

I need to buy my spaces too...
jsayre914
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Feb 13 2010, 10:21 PM) *

Rich and Ray opened a thread on it, and since they are running the show I stopped bumping this one. I tried to search for the new thread, but I can't find it. sad.gif

Zach

This one...

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...&hl=hershey

bye1.gif
VaccaRabite
agree.gif yup, thats the one. I changed the link in my sig file to reflect the roll call thread.

zach
jonferns
Hey Zach, this is a logo that I had in mind. Still a work in progress, but I had this font in my head (from the old alien invasion movies) and I couldn't find it online, but a friend helped me find it.

Any improvement ideas?

Click to view attachment

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.