Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Windshield prices
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sww914
My best quote lately was $265.00 not installed. What have you found, anything much better?
THE STIG
Still available from PORSCHE, Siglia glass, around 30 days to get here from Germany, $350.00, non tinted. I installed myself.
RiqueMar
QUOTE(THE STIG @ Oct 14 2009, 11:40 PM) *

Still available from PORSCHE, Siglia glass, around 30 days to get here from Germany, $350.00, non tinted. I installed myself.

I have one for sale!!!!
number6
QUOTE(THE STIG @ Oct 14 2009, 11:40 PM) *

I was quite pleasantly surprised to learn of this recently. $350 is not that much more than aftermarket, so this is the route I'll take next time. My glass person will install for $40. The same person will sell & install an aftermarket glass for $230, which I think is a great deal, especially considering the quality of the install.

(For those in the Portland, OR, area, the company I'm referring to Sam's Autoglass; their # is 503-896-3902. Not very professional over the phone, but great people, doing awesome work.)
Drums66
I'd buy the one from the man above and have your glass
man install it. I take it you have no deductible??
another way to go!! idea.gif shades.gif

P.S.....but then again it might not get there
in one piece!
VaccaRabite
$200 PPG non-tinted, but I think that is the wholesale "I can pay cash" price.

I installed it myself. Not too hard, especially if you are glueing in and using the rubber surround instead of the chrome.

Zach
ericread
I had mine replaced for $205, including removal of the old windshield and installation of the new windshield and installation of all the metal trim. The installer came to my house to do the work.

Eric Read

Edit: He also threw in three trim clips that needed to be replaced at no charge.
Drums66
QUOTE(ericread @ Oct 15 2009, 12:33 PM) *

I had mine replaced for $205, including removal of the old windshield and installation of the new windshield and installation of all the metal trim. The installer came to my house to do the work.

Eric Read

Edit: He also threw in three trim clips that needed to be replaced at no charge.

That's the way I did it.......no muss no fuss bye1.gif

Later..! oh! $100
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(sww914 @ Oct 14 2009, 11:36 PM) *

My best quote lately was $265.00 not installed. What have you found, anything much better?

It is usually not the price of the glass but the shipping! THAT will kill you. Our cash and carry price here is 199.50 To ship is much more expensive.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.