Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help with the maxim size tire fitting rear
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
burton73
I have some factory 951 number Fuchs with the offset used on the 86 944 Turbo. They look like factory 7 x 16 from the outside but the extra 1-inch goes to the inside. I got these so I could run them on my V8 car to get extra traction and keep the body stock. I have a fresh 930 box with LSD and oil pump. The engine will put out 400 Ft-lbs when done so I am looking for traction. I have new Turbo CV’S so that and custom shafts and nothing should break?

This car had the rear lip rolled and had 7 ‘s on it before with 215/40 BF Goodrich. They where very low profile. I can fit a 245/45 on the wheel there but am not sure it would clear. The wheel well. I do not think so. The tire man said it would be 9.60 wide he said a 225/50 would be 9.30 wide.

One option may be to go with 225/50/16 on the 8’s 951# the back and 205/55 16 on 7s with regular offset.

I was at Rod Simpson Hybrids shop and he has a cool pick 914-8 pick up he built. He has 7x 16 Fuchs all around with 205/55 with just the rear rolled by baseball bat.

Any one here know of someone that has put 951 number Fuchs 8’s-16 on the rear of a stock body 914 and how much rubber did they get under there.

Thanks,

Bob

TravisNeff
I have seen a couple and the fenders were pulled out a bit too, running 225.
McMark
I'm doubtful you'll fit 8's with anything on a narrow body rear. Sorry. Of course, it's all just a matter of steel and/or fiberglass and paint. cool.gif

Searching for a thread I recall about this subject...
sixnotfour
245-45-16 SO-2's on 951 8's

Took this much mud to put back to stock
McMark
The car I was thinking of was 225s on 7s.
burton73
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Oct 15 2009, 05:21 PM) *

245-50-16 SO-2's on 951 8's

Took this much mud to put back to stock

OK thank you,

For handling do you think I should go for the 245/50/16 on the 951 on the rear and the 225/50/16 on the 7’s with 911 offset up front? I am running Boxster brakes all around with a Carrera front end and 911 e brake. Elephant suspension and rear strengthening by Eric

Sixnotfour, What was on the front of your car and what brand of tire where they?

Thanks,

Bob
sixnotfour
Sixnotfour, What was on the front of your car and what brand of tire where they?

951 7's
Bridgestone potezna SO-2 pole position
burton73
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Oct 15 2009, 06:06 PM) *

951 7's
Bridgestone potezna SO-2 pole position

What size?

Sixnotfour,

Did you have any issues with this set up and can you think of any reason that I should use the 951 on the front and not use the regular 7s that I have a couple of sets of. The 951 sets of 7s should be worth more to a 914 guy so he would not need to roll the edge of the fender. I believe the fronts are OK without it or am I wrong. I do hear that the tire rubs the inner fender well when you turn the wheel all the way. I got a part made by Elephant that stops your turning so the tires will not hit my oil lines on my 6.

Bob
Grngoat
I've got 225/50-16s on the back of my 914. No flares, just pulled ever so slightly. Not even with a baseball bat.

It does depend a little on the tire, as some run large, some run small. The 225/50s on it now are not as tight of a fit as the 215/55s I had before.

I have 993 Cup wheels. The rears are 16x8. Not sure how the backspacing would compare to your Fuchs. You'll just need to measure carefully to get the right spacer.
sixnotfour
7x16 fuchs 911/951 have the same offset. The 951 have the spokes offset for big brake calis.

I like the look of the 951 wheels better myself.
Here is 951 7's all around
SGB
Along a similar vein, I'm wondering if I can get 215/60-15 tires on my stock 4-lug fuchs. Squeezing 'em under the fenders looks possible, but is the wheel wide enough?
ClayPerrine
I have the 951 offset Fuchs on the back of my six. I am running 245x45-16 tires. They would not fit without the flares.

campbellcj
QUOTE(SGB @ Oct 15 2009, 09:45 PM) *

Along a similar vein, I'm wondering if I can get 215/60-15 tires on my stock 4-lug fuchs. Squeezing 'em under the fenders looks possible, but is the wheel wide enough?

That's how my car was set up when I first bought it. Fenders were not pulled/rolled at all but there was some negative camber set.
HaraldD
Hello!
I drive exactly these Rims on my Car. In the Front you don`t have any problems. In the Back you have to pull out the Fenders for about an Inch. I have 205/50/16 Tires on it.
Harald
underthetire
I have 16X7 dials with 205/50's. They just fit. Even though some companies rate the 205 width, there seems to be some width changes between brands. Don't think 8"s would fit without sheet metal work.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.