Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone know this car?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KaptKaos
IPB Image

Diggin' those widened mahles! I wonder what those cost to make. Anyone know?
RiqueMar
QUOTE(KaptKaos @ Oct 15 2009, 10:26 PM) *

IPB Image

Diggin' those widened mahles! I wonder what those cost to make. Anyone know?

Sean Malloy (Sean_v8_914) works on that car and either owns it, or is always with the guy that owns it. We did a run up Palomar mountain about 2 months ago, and that pic was taken about 2 weeks ago outside Seans shop.
brer
its blocking my view of that coachbuilt. sawzall-smiley.gif
johnnie5
That pic was taken 3 weeks ago Sunday during the VW show at The Dub Spot (Ray) hosted in their shop/lot area. Sean and Ray's shops are side by side in this area. I will ask Sean (unless he chimes in) about the Mahles...

My car was actually parked just to the right, inside the garage area of this 914! biggrin.gif
sean_v8_914
$200 to widen a wheel plus a set of clean donor wheels. Herb found these on line from a guy back east
sean_v8_914
for Brer

AL deck lids encrusted with bondo
sean_v8_914
machine of many wheels
Cupomeat
Forgive me if I am wrong, but the widened wheels in the pix appear to be Pedrinis not Mahles.

Pedrini ribs go to the center cap as these do, where the Mahles do not.

WAIT, calling the pedantic police!!! happy11.gif
KaptKaos
QUOTE(Cupomeat @ Oct 16 2009, 03:37 PM) *

Forgive me if I am wrong, but the widened wheels in the pix appear to be Pedrinis not Mahles.

Pedrini ribs go to the center cap as these do, where the Mahles do not.

WAIT, calling the pedantic police!!! happy11.gif

You may be correct. It's hard to tell from that picture.
sean_v8_914
yes, Pedrinni
jasons
I can fill in a little history on those wheels. I don't know who widened them, but I owned a set that were wider than those. I bought them off ebay from a guy in Indiana. He had my set and that set on ebay at the same time. IIRC he didn't widen them either and didn't know who did. I lucked into some 5 lug parts and sold mine to a World member, who in turn sold them not too long ago. I never had them on a car so I can't comment on any fit issues. I can say they were very well made! Mine were made from early Pedrinis for brakes without the hub centering ring.

Here are pics of the ones I had. They were really sweet, the last pic shows the welds on the backside.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.