Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engman Long Kit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Elliot Cannon
Just finished and painted today. I opened the holes a little to about 1/2 inch. It was easier to weld and I think affords a larger and stronger weld.
proto31
Nice work Elliot, didn't know that the black car was going to become such a mean machine! Did you have some supports that mount to the door jambs while you welded... I'm sure you did. Nice job on the welds, and I agree, opening up the holes a bit does make for a stronger weld.

Dan
McMark
Like the larger holes. thumb3d.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(proto31 @ Oct 17 2009, 08:23 PM) *

Nice work Elliot, didn't know that the black car was going to become such a mean machine! Did you have some supports that mount to the door jambs while you welded... I'm sure you did. Nice job on the welds, and I agree, opening up the holes a bit does make for a stronger weld.

Dan

The black one will get a six (someday) so this is all in anticipation of that happening. I just got delivery of an inner suspension console reinforcement from Tangereen. I'll be welding that in tomorrow. You can't see them but I made supports for the door jambs out of 1" square tubing. I kept compressed air by my side and cooled off the welds right away.

Cheers, Elliot
morph
nice work.Is this the car the carpet goes to?
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(morph @ Oct 17 2009, 11:28 PM) *

nice work.Is this the car the carpet goes to?

Affirmative. I needed to replace the $20.00 worth of Home Depot carpet that has been in it for awhile. biggrin.gif
This one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.