Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: air flap ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
tat2dphreak
Air Flap 914 559 163 10 1

is that the coling flaps in the fan shroud?

if so I will send her the one I just took out. I'll bead blast it and paint it first tho.

one more thing. I found out the heater hoses there are some cheap substitutions.... the rear heater hose off a 911 is about $20 and can do all of the front heater hoses in one length.

mikey914 also makes the ones that go from the blower to the j-tubes... hope that helps
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Oct 17 2009, 07:37 PM) *

is that the coling flaps in the fan shroud?

if so I will send her the one I just took out. I'll bead blast it and paint it first tho.

one more thing. I found out the heater hoses there are some cheap substitutions.... the rear heater hose off a 911 is about $20 and can do all of the front heater hoses in one length.

mikey914 also makes the ones that go from the blower to the j-tubes... hope that helps

I have an extra fan shroud off a 2.0 laying around if that helps...
ejm

I took a look at PET this am and couldn't find this part. Just took another stab at it and realized the part # can't exist. Without the "1" at the end the format is correct but that # is not in the factory price book. The p/n starts with 914 so it is specific to the car. Most if not all of the engine stuff would be 021/022 since it was sourced from VW. I could be wrong confused24.gif A pic of the part would be good smile.gif
Kansas 914

Guys,

That part number came from Carrie Sweet - not sure what she meant - but let's wait until the engine builder (and Ed) tells us what is needed - Carrie may have made some assumptions from the 30 foot view - without tearing into the engine.

Does that makes sense?
ejm
Got it. This is the plastic air deflector that's under the car at the rear edge of the floor pan. The part # is correct, the "1" must be quantity as there are two of them. This part is long NLA and is no longer listed in my price book.
EdwardBlume
Pretty sure I have a spare off 504 as I remember the bolt being small. Is it one side fits all?
tat2dphreak
I don't even know that part... it's probably not on my car biggrin.gif
ejm
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Oct 21 2009, 05:28 PM) *

I don't even know that part... it's probably not on my car biggrin.gif

that's right.... factory installed on '73 and up... you will get better engine cooling with them

Rob...same part both sides
EdwardBlume
Got 2 of them. Cleaned up OK after this pict... right parts right?

ejm
... right parts right?

yep
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.