Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 400+ shots from yesterday's PCA auto-x
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RoadGlue
Mark DeBernardi met me at my house shortly before 9 yesterday and we took my '74 2.0 (the blue one!) up 15 minutes to the Redwood Region's autocross at the Sonoma County Airport. Lots of great cars! I'm terrible with names and I know Rob (ConeDodger) and a few other World members were there.

I've uploaded the photos full size, meaning are good for prints up to 20 x 30 inches. Just right-click on any photo and choose "Download Original" and/or download entire gallery (nearly a gig!).

Here are the goods. Hope you like 'em.

http://pixelrandy.zenfolio.com/p169018355

Cheers,
URY914
I was just looking at them on your flickr page. Very nice.

What car was fastest?
RoadGlue
Maybe Rob will chime in. Mark and I left at lunch and we didn't get the final number. The results haven't been posted on the Redwood Region's auto-x site:
http://red.pca.org/autocross.htm
ConeDodger
QUOTE(URY914 @ Oct 18 2009, 07:17 PM) *

I was just looking at them on your flickr page. Very nice.

What car was fastest?

Paul,
I think Larry Sharp was fast with a RS America. Larry would be fast in a Yugo. I think Larry might have gotten edged by Tristan Bayless in a 912 though. There were others that were in his league too. Tristan and his dad Gary are on home court and they are very fast anywhere. You aren't going to dunk in their house for sure.

It was a bit of a strange autocross. I would say 50%+ of the first run group DNF'ed the course multiple times. There was a very doable first section that people just couldn't "see" if you know what I mean. If you apexed early, it was a straight-away. Most saw a sea of cones and went on the wrong side of pointer cones DNF'ing. A few kept doing that all day. In fact, some DNF'ed at other sections of the course. One car missed the entire back loop on all three laps in the afternoon.

The run groups took forever and a day. In the afternoon, the eventmaster eliminated a section cutting 10 seconds or less off the morning times. They had to do this as they have a mandate from the airport commission that states no event starts engines prior to 10am or goes beyond 5pm.

Chris Hamilton and his co-driver were fast. I think the co-driver was actually faster than Chris. The 914-6 was pretty quick too. Jim Dupree (jcd914) who is number 520 in my car and I was number 20 were just out there having fun. I have 300 wear rating tires on the car and sticking was not really possible. I suspect we were 5 seconds off FTD and a second + off Chris and his pal. I bought a set of 4 16X6 Fuchs from someone on the board and they came with these tires new. I figured I would wear them out before getting some R rated rubber. Right now, I just need seat time and I am sure getting that. I think I will get one more autocross in this year at Infinion in the Paddock. It is an annual event put on by PCA while we have a track day event on the track.

Randy took some great pictures. I am glad he came. Joe Lee was there with his new 2316 Raby turn-key. He had gobs of torque and you could see he is going to have his hands full getting used to double the HP and torque.
TravisNeff
Randy, you are a fantastic photographer. I liked the blue Z with the fairlady emblems and that early 911/912 in moss green metallic
number6
QUOTE(Travis Neff @ Oct 18 2009, 11:00 PM) *

Randy, you are a fantastic photographer.

agree.gif

Thanks for sharing!
carr914
Very Nice Pics Randy - High Five
pcar9146guy
Who's 914 #158 is that?? Is he a member of 914 World??
ConeDodger
QUOTE(pcar9146guy @ Oct 19 2009, 06:53 AM) *

Who's 914 #158 is that?? Is he a member of 914 World??

I am not sure... I don't think he is a member and I have only ever seen the car at Redwood Region Events. It is a six, sounds great, I do not recall hearing times. I can ferret out a name when the results are sent by email soon...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.