Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 Suspension on Ebay... Good deal or ....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cire
Just wanted to see what everyone thought of this suspension. Is this a good price? Is it a good upgrade? Would you go a different way? Is this a bolt in application?

Thanks everyone.

Eric

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PORSCHE-197...sQ5fAccessories
TravisNeff
You'll probably need to add $100 for shipping. Do you know if the rotors are in spec as well as the other parts? If all the components are in good shape that is not a bad deal, if you need to rebuild all of it, it is not.
zymurgist
Does the A-arm on the left look bent to you? I can't tell from the photo but it looks hinky to me.
Cire
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Oct 19 2009, 05:59 AM) *

Does the A-arm on the left look bent to you? I can't tell from the photo but it looks hinky to me.

It does look bent. I sent the seller an email and asked if it was bent. Good catch. smilie_pokal.gif

Eric
Dr Evil
For the more budget minded, you do not actually need the A-arms, and cross brace. All you need are the spindle assemblies with hubs. Rotors are a bonus as are shox if they are in good shape (not likely). It makes shipping easier and lighter. I am not sure about that price, it seems to high.
Justinp71
Its not a good deal because I've gone out and looked at that suspension before and its from a 68-73 911. The struts have the 3" caliper spacing, the guy thinks its off a 1982 because thats the car that he pulled it off from , but its not original. Maybe $350 for the two front spindles with the brakes would be a decent deal.

Justin
Cire
QUOTE(Justinp71 @ Oct 19 2009, 02:04 PM) *

Its not a good deal because I've gone out and looked at that suspension before and its from a 68-73 911. The struts have the 3" caliper spacing, the guy thinks its off a 1982 because thats the car that he pulled it off from , but its not original. Maybe $350 for the two front spindles with the brakes would be a decent deal.

Justin

I LOVE YOU MAN!!!! beerchug.gif

Thanks for the GREAT info. = )

Eric

Justinp71
No Prob, the early setup is not bad. Thats what I have, you just cant upgrade to big brakes later... I run porterfield pads and it brakes really well.
SLITS
If you want a complete '82 SC front suspension and I mean complete** and all the shit works for around $600, get in your vehicle and drive to the G&R Swapmeet in Riverside, CA. That would give you the big calipers (3.5" spacing), underbody swaybar, Bilstein struts, SC torsion bars, and nutz & bolts included.

** Except wheels

Haggling is allowed ...............

And that ad is from Silver Star Recycling in Rancho Cordova, CA ... porsche dismantler.
Cire
QUOTE(SLITS @ Oct 19 2009, 03:05 PM) *

If you want a complete '82 SC front suspension and I mean complete** and all the shit works for around $600, get in your vehicle and drive to the G&R Swapmeet in Riverside, CA. That would give you the big calipers (3.5" spacing), underbody swaybar, Bilstein struts, SC torsion bars, and nutz & bolts included.

** Except wheels

And that ad is from Silver Star Recycling in Rancho Cordova, CA ... porsche dismantler.

Will you give a good deal on a set of 4 7 inch wheels?

= )

Eric
GeorgeRud
If I remember properly (hard in this age of CRS creeping in), the crossmember was med of an aluminum casting starting in 1976, so this is definitely an early crossmember. It is identical to the setups that were used in all the 914-6s from the factory, so there is nothing wrong if the parts are good.

SLITS
QUOTE(Cire @ Oct 19 2009, 04:50 PM) *

QUOTE(SLITS @ Oct 19 2009, 03:05 PM) *

** Except wheels

Will you give a good deal on a set of 4 7 inch wheels?

= )

Eric

Well, I've got 15X7 Cookies on my 6.

Riverside is a hell of a lot closer than Sac - O - Potatoes
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.