Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rotisserie body mount points
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
advtracing
can anyone out there show me some photos of where you have mounted the arms from your rotisserie during restoration on a 914 body and what gauge steel used.
cheers
dlo914
From what i've seen, people generally use the stock bumper mounting holes . There's four of them @ the front and four @ the rear. As for gauge of steel i have no idea. Also it's a good idea to brace the door openings to prevent warpage/bending of the frame.
oldschool
QUOTE(dlo914 @ Oct 19 2009, 12:42 AM) *

From what i've seen, people generally use the stock bumper mounting holes . There's four of them @ the front and four @ the rear. As for gauge of steel i have no idea. Also it's a good idea to brace the door openings to prevent warpage/bending of the frame.

(D) whats up man,how's the 914 doing? any new photos.
VaccaRabite
Mount it to the bumper locations. With the tub stripped, it will be fine.

If you have lots of rust in the longs (the big butt test causes flex) then you want to brace the door openings for added support.

IPB Image
My car is a 76, so I have the later bumper mounts. As you can see, I just drilled a hole through my rotesserie cross member and bolted it right to the bumper mounts. On an early car, you have to fab arms and a mounting plate. No big deal.

Zach
dlee6204
Yup. agree.gif

Here's my crossmember bolted up to a 74 car.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.