Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for tire suggestions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ahdoman
OK, first let me say that I used the search engine but it brought up so many threads that there is no way I can go through all of them. That being said... I have some 15 x 7 wheels that I need some tires for. I'm trying to find the widest (up to a 215) that will fit. I went to the usual internet sites (Tirerack, etc.) and you have to put in all 3 values to search. I want to know what's available in a specific size / series. For example; in a 215/XX/15 what profiles are available? Does anybody know of a search site that will do this or do you have a tire suggestion?
johnnie5
I did my 5 lug conversion last year and was faced the with same decision. I chose to go with Goodyear Eagle GT's. I have been very happy with them so far, especially for the price. I have 195 60 15's, but they also come in a 215 60 15 for around $70 a tire.

Worth looking at for sure...

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?ti...eModel=Eagle+GT

Good luck in your search, let us know what you come up with!
ahdoman
Thanks for the suggestion Johnnie5. It looks like nobody makes anything smaller than a 60 series in 15" unless I want to go to a 205/50/15. Falken has a couple of their Ziex tires in those sizes.
yeahmag
Kuhmo Ecsta XS is the tire to have right now.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?ti...artnum=05WR5EXS

It will fit on up to a 7.5" rim according to the specs.

-Aaron
andys
QUOTE(ahdoman @ Oct 19 2009, 05:57 PM) *

Thanks for the suggestion Johnnie5. It looks like nobody makes anything smaller than a 60 series in 15" unless I want to go to a 205/50/15. Falken has a couple of their Ziex tires in those sizes.

Steve,

The tires that were on those Momo wheels I sold to Rick were 195/50/15. If he still has the tires, perhaps you can mount one up and check to see how much wider you could go?

Andys
2-OH!
Oopps...Too late...

2-OH!
ahdoman
I've already tried the 215/60R15's on the Cookie Cutters I sold to Ron and they fit good.
jcwells
Hey, ahdoman...

I'm running the BF Goodrich g-Force Sport in 205/50 15 on my stock 15x5.5 Fuchs. So far, I like them for canyon carving, and they didn't do too badly on the autocross pad (my driving is another story, however!). They behave in light rain conditions, but I can't yet comment on heavy rain performance.

They come in 215/50 15 which will fill a 7.5" rim nicely, and be pretty close to stock diameter, which will keep your speedo accurate. They probably don't stick as well as the Kumhos that were mentioned, but they also have a bit higher treadwear rating.

My opinion is that these tires are a good, compromise choice.

Cheers...
underthetire
I have 205/50/16 on 16X7. Good luck fitting a 215 in the rear of a stock fender car. The wheel offset would have to be perfect on both sides of the car.
tat2dphreak
I drove g-force tires on my DD for a,long time. great tires in pretty much all weather. we don't have much snow/ice here tho smile.gif
PeeGreen 914
Toyo RA1s are the most kick ass tire if you can get them in that size. They aer great rain or shine. The Kumhos are very good as well.
ahdoman
Thanks everybody. FYI - my fenders have been pushed out about an inch in the rear so 215's will fit. I've also been hearing good things about the new Falken RT615's. They're a progrssive tread street legal semi slick.
SGB
I'm SO tempted to try to squeeze these 215 BFGs in my unpulled rear fenders. With 205 /50 or 195/55 on the front with my 15X5.5 4-bolt Fuchs. I think it will fit- I've got good clearance with my 205/50 Kumhos. I've compared the widths using the Tire rack specs. The only unknown is the narrow wheel. I know someone who would mount it. I guess if it wont fit I could put 'em on the front! screwy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.