Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SF Bay Area LUNCH on Halloween
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dave_Darling
The last Saturday in this month is Halloween. So it seems that breakfast is Halloween morning. Any interest?

Any suggestions on where to have it this time? Our "usual suspects" are the IHOP in Santa Clara, the Original Pancake House in Fremont, the IHOP in Foster City, and now Baji's in Mountain View. Does anyone have a preference out of these, or have other suggestions?

...Or perhaps we should have a lunch at the Tied House to allow for the Friday-night parties to wear off... beer.gif

--DD
RoadGlue
Hanks Creekside in Santa Rosa? tongue.gif
SirAndy
Either way works for me ... biggrin.gif
Dave_Darling
Hank's, assuming they have parking and table space for us, is another good suggestion!

Any others?

--DD
RoadGlue
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Oct 20 2009, 12:50 PM) *

Hank's, assuming they have parking and table space for us, is another good suggestion!

Any others?

--DD

Hehe, they don't! Tiny little cafe here in SR lacking parking even for the number of tables they have. I didn't think you'd take my post seriously. Doh!

Keep it down south. I'll make it one of these weekends when I'm staying with Dug in Mountain View.

EdwardBlume
Does Hooters in Dublin serve breakfast?
RoadGlue
QUOTE(RobW @ Oct 20 2009, 02:01 PM) *

cheer.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(RoadGlue @ Oct 20 2009, 02:07 PM) *

cheer.gif

I know a guy who practically lives there. I'll ask ...
idea.gif Andy
bfrymire
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Oct 19 2009, 05:51 PM) *

The last Saturday in this month is Halloween. So it seems that breakfast is Halloween morning. Any interest?

Any suggestions on where to have it this time? Our "usual suspects" are the IHOP in Santa Clara, the Original Pancake House in Fremont, the IHOP in Foster City, and now Baji's in Mountain View. Does anyone have a preference out of these, or have other suggestions?

...Or perhaps we should have a lunch at the Tied House to allow for the Friday-night parties to wear off... beer.gif

--DD

Dave,

I missed the last breakfast... How was Baji's? How does it rate against other places? Is the parking lot big enough?

-- brett
SirAndy
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 20 2009, 03:50 PM) *

QUOTE(RoadGlue @ Oct 20 2009, 02:07 PM) *

cheer.gif
I know a guy who practically lives there. I'll ask ...
idea.gif Andy

His answer:

"Not an egg in sight… I think they open at 10:00am on Sundays during football season, but you'll be eating wings for brunch then!"

sad.gif
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(bfrymire @ Oct 20 2009, 11:46 PM) *

I missed the last breakfast... How was Baji's? How does it rate against other places? Is the parking lot big enough?

The parking lot is plenty big; it is shared with a light-industrial complex. We parked in front (only four or five spaces needed) but if there were a lot of us we could have parked on the side.

I'm a fan of Bajis. I go there on my own; I think they're pretty yummy. They make their own breakfast sausage, which is yummy. Then again, I like just about anywhere that will bring me pancakes... wink.gif

--DD
Dave_Darling
So we're at less than one week, but no consensus. Sounds like it's time for an Executive Decision.

Tied House in Mountain View, noon. (Obviously this is lunch, not breakfast.)
Map linky

--DD
carreraguy
Dave:
Saturday should be great weather and I haven't had my teener out for a while - count me in (I need the burger and beer too)!
Later,
Dave_Darling
icon_bump.gif
tradisrad
I'm sitting just a mile away from Tied House right now, but I can't make it on Saturday as I am going to climb some rocks in Yosemite. Maybe next time. It would be cool to meet more 914 guys... It's a shame 'cause I just got my new 914 running and I'd love to show off my 1970 original paint (and 39 years of door dings).
bfrymire
Still on for tomorrow?

How many people so far?

-- brett
SirAndy
I'm out ... sad.gif
Dave_Darling
We're on, but it doesn't sound like a terribly big group.

--DD
EdwardBlume
Can't make it either... I need to set up to scare the crap out of the neighborhood kids.... w00t.gif
underthetire
if it was hooters in Dublin i might have made that treck. Mtn view is just too far for lunch.
Brent
Did this go down? Any pics?
Dave_Darling
It went down; there were four of us. Brant (?), Tom with the Turbo Scooby, and Lisa and I. I'm not sure if anyone got any pics.

Lisa's Benz was "Dave's 914 with a costume"... (Forgot to charge the battery in my 914.)

--DD
bfrymire
QUOTE(Brent @ Nov 3 2009, 01:42 PM) *

Did this go down? Any pics?

Brent,

Just took one picture. It was enough to capture all two of the 914's that showed up. We need more 914s!!!

Quick Details:

Blue 914 was a Subaru conversion using the turbo 2 liter.

White 914 (Mine) is a six conversion using the 2.7l motor.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.