Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fresh Air Fan
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
elsargento
Fresh air fan seems to be intermittent. Do I have to pull the gas tank to work on it?
Is there a thread on this topic I can go to? welder.gif sawzall-smiley.gif
neil30076
QUOTE(elsargento @ Oct 19 2009, 05:53 PM) *

Fresh air fan seems to be intermittent. Do I have to pull the gas tank to work on it?
Is there a thread on this topic I can go to? welder.gif sawzall-smiley.gif

Hard to get to main fan without pulling tank !
flipb
As a newb, I think this is a rite of passage for me:

"Clean your grounds"

I've only been a 914 owner for a couple months and some of my electrical components seem intermittent as well (radio). I suspect that it's an electrical issue - clean all the fuse contacts in your fuse panel and your grounds before you go so far as pulling the gas tank.
markb
Take out your ashtray & point a flashlight slightly to the right & you'll see the contacts. You might start by cleaning them. smile.gif
elsargento
Thanks for all the tips gentlemen. I actually took out the bolt and removed the lever controller and cleaned the contacts..there was 12 volts and clean contacts..still no fan guess I'll drive it till the tank is close to empty..pull it and check the connections at the fan..Maybe leave the swithch on and hit some good speed bumps and bounce the front maybe clean a bad ground...just kidding but guess the tank is next..thanks all
neil30076
QUOTE(elsargento @ Oct 20 2009, 07:11 PM) *

...just kidding but guess the tank is next..thanks all

The main fan, under the fresh air vent in front of the windshield self destructs, the plastic frame holding the motor breaks up in the sun and heat, or varmints eat it, and it's not repairable. Down here in SD i can live without it, I just leave the targa top off!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.