Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: headlight electrical gremlins...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VaccaRabite
So, I had to drive the 914 to work this morning. I had intended to park it for the rest of the season to work on some of my punch out stuff, but my daily driver is down, and I am too cheap to get a rental when I have a *mostly* functional car on hand. :-)

In a test drive last night, the driver side headlight started winking on and off on low beams. Was fine on high. My headlights are aimed a bit low, so I just drove with my high beams this morning and no one flashed at me.

Last night for the test drive, the fog lights worked perfectly. This morning, nada. Blown fuse (how I love having a modern fuse panel with fuses that light up when they are blown). HRM. Must be grounding against something, but I don't know what.

Aside from just chasing wires, any ideas?

Everything from the driver back worked great. The car even started a lot easier then I expected, given carbs and 35 degree ambient temps.

Zach
SGB
I believe I would start there at the fuse box. Sounds like something is making "inappropriate contact" back behind there. Are the relays anchored? I had some irrational HL issues that turned out to be the high beam relay flopping around until- POOF.
914_teener
Same issue with me turned out to be a loose wire inside the relay socket on the fuse panel. That was causing the "winking". Not sure about the high beam though. Maybe two different issues
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.