Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 74 Window Cranks
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
914four
I have two 74 cars with different window handles. Are the both stock?
underthetire
The middle one is el cheapo VW aftermarket. I have those on mine i got at bugformance for 3 bucks each. I do have one stock late 73, and it is much thicker in the shank area.
914four
QUOTE(underthetire @ Oct 24 2009, 10:23 PM) *

The middle one is el cheapo VW aftermarket. I have those on mine i got at bugformance for 3 bucks each. I do have one stock late 73, and it is much thicker in the shank area.

Thanks, both cars had matching window cranks and there was no evidence that either had been changed. That one seemed to be a cheep reproduction similar to the cranks in a 74 bug I had many years age.

There are actually only two window cranks shown in the picture, the far right is the cover for the middle. I am holding the cover off of the left crank.

Is the one on the left original equipment?

underthetire
QUOTE(PH1 @ Oct 25 2009, 07:51 AM) *

QUOTE(underthetire @ Oct 24 2009, 10:23 PM) *

Thanks, both cars had matching window cranks and there was no evidence that either had been changed. That one seemed to be a cheep reproduction similar to the cranks in a 74 bug I had many years age.

There are actually only two window cranks shown in the picture, the far right is the cover for the middle. I am holding the cover off of the left crank.

Is the one on the left original equipment?

Looks like it is to me
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.