Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New 4 lug wheels for a 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
ynotdd
Thats right just spoke to Tom at Revolution wheels.They are making a new wheel that is 15 by 7 four lug that will fit under stock fenders!!!They are about $230 a wheel. If he can sell 10 or more sets the price will greatly reduce. give him a call or goto his web site ( what's happening area).

1-800-872-5894 or 928-757-5500
http://www.revousa.com/revolution.htm

Tony

smilie_flagge24.gif mueba.gif
tat2dphreak
the RZX looks cool... can't say I care for the 4-spoke ones..

the traditional 5-spoke and RFX(NOT GOLD) are *ok*

I think it's great that the new rims are available!! clap56.gif

I still prefer polished Fuchs IMHO...
ynotdd
the new wheel is the MILLENNIUM .I like the fuchs also but a 205 50 on a 15 by 5.5 " wheel the side walls have to go in( less tire to ground) on a 15 by 7 the fit perfect( all tire to ground) drunk.gif !
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(ynotdd @ Mar 16 2004, 09:35 AM)
the new wheel is the MILLENNIUM .I like the fuchs also but a 205 50 on a 15 by 5.5 " wheel the side walls have to go in( less tire to ground) on a 15 by 7 the fit perfect( all tire to ground) drunk.gif !

that one is cool... I didn't look at the "what's Happening" page before...

looks kida ricer, but not too bad!! beer.gif
ynotdd
It was designed for rally cars(Subaru WRX) .They should be able to clear big brake to!email tom he can fill you in better than me beer.gif
Mueller
looks heavy to me, I know in the past their other wheels had been on the heavy side..........

it does have that "ricer" look, but then again, so do my wheels smile.gif
ninefourteener
I wanna know when they are gonna make a 17 inch rim, with 4X120 lug patterns, that fit under a stock-bodied 914.

Oh.... and I want Santa Claus to deliver me Ms March to my front door with a bow on her head

beerchug.gif
ninefourteener
Now DATS What I'm talkin about!!!!

Who the hell makes these?? It was a picture off their website.... do these folks make them??

Hell yea beerchug.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(ninefourteener @ Mar 16 2004, 08:05 AM)
I wanna know when they are gonna make a 17 inch rim, with 4X120 lug patterns, that fit under a stock-bodied 914.

unless you've got some whacko custom hubs, 4x120 won't fit on your car in any size - 914 BHC is 130mm...
ninefourteener
QUOTE(ArtechnikA @ Mar 16 2004, 08:14 AM)
QUOTE(ninefourteener @ Mar 16 2004, 08:05 AM)

unless you've got some whacko custom hubs, 4x120 won't fit on your car in any size - 914 BHC is 130mm...

Oops...... duhhh

I meant 4X130

Need................. more.................... beer

beerchug.gif
ninefourteener
Ok..... I jusat got off the phone with TOM... the owner of this place (nice guy by the way).

Yes..... they do make a 17 inch wheel, with the 4X130 lug pattern, and the correct backspacing to fit under a stock-fendered teener

He quoted me a price of $1150, including necessary lugbolts, shipped to my door.

HOWEVER, group buys are available. I doubt I can get 48 people to buy them, but MAYBE we can find 4?? If 4 people order them, we each can get everything for under $1000.

I'm gonna buy.... regardless..... but if you may be interested in a group buy.... lemmy know... just PM me.

Cheers beerchug.gif

Matt
mwyatt
I just received a set of the 17x7s a couple of weeks ago. Mounted Kumho V700 205/40/17's on them. They appear to clear the fenders with no problem. They weigh about 25lbs with the tires mounted on them. I haven't driven the car with them on yet, I'm waiting for my heads to come back so I can put the motor back together. I'll let you guys know what the car rides and handles like in about a month or so. The wheels do look to be of very good quality. And they're sure to be an enourmous improvement over the 15x5.5's I was running on!
mikester
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
ninefourteener
I'll second that!!!!

Lets see!! C'mon... post some pics!!!
nebreitling
that's cool beer.gif

i emailed him last year and the rims at the time were no longer being made in 4x130, i'm glad that our odd little boltspacing is making a comeback!

too late for me, however, i just picked up these on ebay. lighter than the revolutions, 6.5+ width, 5" backspacing, 3-piece, blah blah blah, and a little "eighties" looking
ynotdd
Its great to see a company thats suporting our odd ball cars flag.gif
Mueller
Who the hell makes these?? It was a picture off their website.... do these folks make them??

ummmm, who do you think makes them???

one would think if they have a picture of a car with rims on it, it would be with rims they sell?!?!?!? smile.gif

they shoudl be the same rims in the picture that mwyatt bought.....
ninefourteener
QUOTE(Mueller @ Mar 16 2004, 11:30 AM)

ummmm, who do you think makes them???

one would think if they have a picture of a car with rims on it, it would be with rims they sell?!?!?!? smile.gif

they shoudl be the same rims in the picture that mwyatt bought.....

OH QUIT GIVING ME SHIT--lol

I was excited when I saw them.... I've done countless searches on the net for anything above a 15 that matched our lug pattern.... never found it till t was posted here today.

Hell.. I spent 30 minutes on the phone with the guy--LOL

Talking nearly 2 G's to get these things on my car with tires.. so it may not be immediate... but it IS going to happen.

beerchug.gif
J P Stein
QUOTE(mwyatt @ Mar 16 2004, 09:12 AM)
I just received a set of the 17x7s a couple of weeks ago. Mounted Kumho V700 205/40/17's on them. They appear to clear the fenders with no problem. They weigh about 25lbs with the tires mounted on them.

Really?

My 7 X 15 BBS + 205/50 Kuhmos weighed 39 lbs ea.
Fuch, 7 X 15 + 225/45 Hoosiers came in at 33 Lbs ea.
The Fuch are around 12-13 lbs alone.
My new cookies are 13-14 lbs.....bathroom scale stuff.

Was that a WAG or didja put em' on a scale?
anthony
What about the Panasport 16x7? Does that fit our cars? Doesn't Panasport also make a 15x7 with the 911R offset?

You know, I've been searching and can't find a Panasport fitment guide. Panasport.com seems useless.
ninefourteener
QUOTE(anthony @ Mar 16 2004, 11:53 AM)
What about the Panasport 16x7? Does that fit our cars? Doesn't Panasport also make a 15x7 with the 911R offset?

If I recall...... I thought the Panasport had a smaller lug pattern (the 16 incher anyway).... like for a Miata or something.

I could be wrong..... but I think I'm right on this.

Please 914club... feel free to make me feel dumb again--LOL beerchug.gif
nebreitling
maybe it's just me, but it looks like the 17"s make the car sit a little high in that picture.

VERY nice looking rims, though, and i'm sure you could figure out a way to get the car nice and low if you wanted it.

auto atlanta (ahem) apparently has some very nice kinesis wheels in a 914 4-lug pattern:

check this shit out

and also from AA's catalog, an (LE?) with the 17"s that looks a little lowered (better imho)
anthony
Is that $829/each! Ouch!
tat2dphreak
those *look* like the same rims on the webpage... idea.gif

the part I hate about AA the most: they have a lot of great products, but their service sux ass! if their service was decent, I *might* buy from them again!
ninefourteener
QUOTE(anthony @ Mar 16 2004, 12:09 PM)
Is that $829/each! Ouch!

If it is that much each..... shit... might as well get HRE to make you a set.

If thats the price for all 4, its not too bad.... but yet.... this is AA, and they couldn't even post a picture of a 4-lug wheel on their website. That bothers me. They post a picture of a 5-lug wheel with a description like "Don't worry, its really a 4-lug"

Hmm.... at least they were honest about the wheel only working with flared cars though.
anthony
If thats the price for all 4, its not too bad

Actually, if that's the price for 4 brand new forged wheels it's a really great price. I'd bet $20 though that you don't get four for that price.
nebreitling
yup, that's the price of admission for 1 (one, uno, un)

lol2.gif
ninefourteener
QUOTE(anthony @ Mar 16 2004, 12:17 PM)

Actually, if that's the price for 4 brand new forged wheels it's a really great price. I'd bet $20 though that you don't get four for that price.

For a total cost of over 4 G's just for the rims (BEFORE TIRES), Forged or not, those damn things ought to come with a set of 19 year old blonde Swedish twins.

Perhaps I'm just cheap blink.gif
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(ninefourteener @ Mar 16 2004, 02:21 PM)
QUOTE(anthony @ Mar 16 2004, 12:17 PM)

For a total cost of over 4 G's just for the rims (BEFORE TIRES), Forged or not, those damn things ought to come with a set of 19 year old blonde Swedish twins.

Perhaps I'm just cheap blink.gif

no, that's what I would expect for that much money... except I would try to get triplets biggrin.gif
seanery
Here's another pic of the 17's.
IPB Image
anthony

That's usually the price of admission on any high grade forged wheel. That's also why used Fuchs are such a steal even with the cost of a 5 lug conversion tacked on.
ninefourteener
QUOTE(seanery @ Mar 16 2004, 12:28 PM)

That car is BAD ASS!!!

That guy thinks like I do......... Modern styling, but still maintaining the look of the original teener (without the flared fenders)

Not a huge fan of the side mirrors and rear spoiler he used on that car... but nevertheless, still looks sweet as hell.

Props to the owner.. definately

Is the owner a member here??
ninefourteener
QUOTE(anthony @ Mar 16 2004, 12:32 PM)

That's usually the price of admission on any high grade forged wheel. That's also why used Fuchs are such a steal even with the cost of a 5 lug conversion tacked on.

Oh I know.. and I agre with you.

But I recall being quotyed a price on a set of HREs a little over a year ago of just under 4Gs.

HRE will build them EXACTLY the way you want them (backspacing), even with the finish you want.

If you're going to spend that kind of $$$$ on a wheel.. I'd go with HRE.. not AA.
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(ninefourteener @ Mar 16 2004, 02:51 PM)
QUOTE(seanery @ Mar 16 2004, 12:28 PM)

That car is BAD ASS!!!

That guy thinks like I do......... Modern styling, but still maintaining the look of the original teener (without the flared fenders)

Not a huge fan of the side mirrors and rear spoiler he used on that car... but nevertheless, still looks sweet as hell.

Props to the owner.. definately

Is the owner a member here??

agree.gif

except I DO like the mirrors and spoiler...

the owner really made it "HIS" and I respect that! it's clean, not ricer looking... very slick! pray.gif
seanery
I think there is a problem running those 17s. Notice how high the ass end is. He's running a pretty low profile tire, and still the ass is high. I don't think it can go any lower without rubbing or pulling the fenders.
ninefourteener
QUOTE(seanery @ Mar 16 2004, 01:02 PM)
I think there is a problem running those 17s. Notice how high the ass end is. He's running a pretty low profile tire, and still the ass is high. I don't think it can go any lower without rubbing or pulling the fenders.

Canm the rear fenders be "stretched" without ruining the paint??

Has anyone done it??
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(ninefourteener @ Mar 16 2004, 03:07 PM)
QUOTE(seanery @ Mar 16 2004, 01:02 PM)

Canm the rear fenders be "stretched" without ruining the paint??

Has anyone done it??

it would ruin the paint, but can(has) be done, and then repainted...
J P Stein
Just now gots new tires to go with the "new" cookies. The cookies cost me 300 + shipping for 4....the tiars were....more.

I usta think cookies were ugly till I found out how much they weighed.
crash914
damn!!!!!

I can't find the picture to go with it......but......new Hoosiers........
J P Stein
Ayup, I got wood.......funny , what turns on us old farts laugh.gif
Brett W
My Diamond steel wheels (the heavier version) wieghed in at 35-39 with a 225-50-15 Dunlop Sp8000. I was pretty impressed with them. I saw on their site they offer a sub 16lb steel wheel in a 15. I talked with the owner awhile back and he said he would send me the centers and I could do what ever I wanted and send them back and he would weld them in. Might be a way to take more out of the wheel.
crash914
doesn't everyone have a stack of tires in the corner?
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(crash914 @ Mar 16 2004, 03:31 PM)
doesn't everyone have a stack of tires in the corner?

i do - but unfortunately, one stack is 3.75x16's for the 356, and the other is 23.0x8.0x15 Goodyear AX slicks on VW ur-GTI 15x7's ...
seanery
in the garage I have
4- new BFG 205/55/16 tire waiting to be mounted
2-16x7 951 fronts
2-16x8 951 rears
1-255/40/17 951 rear tire
1-16" collapsible spare

I'm waiting for 4 16x6 fuchs from Al Reed's polishing. Then I'll have 4 fake fuchs
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(nebreitling @ Mar 16 2004, 12:04 PM)
and also from AA's catalog, an (LE?) with the 17"s that looks a little lowered (better imho)
IPB Image

Yes, it's an LE. But the wheels are a photoshop job. Not a very good one, either--if you see it at anything bigger than "thumbnail" size.

(from ninefourteener)
If I recall...... I thought the Panasport had a smaller lug pattern (the 16 incher anyway).... like for a Miata or something.

Probably. But they also make a 4x130 pattern for the 914. In fact, they make quite a number of different bolt patterns!! smile.gif That's what makes them neat. smile.gif

--DD
URY914
I hace two sets of those. You need a 5" backspace to work. I ended up painting the whole wheel black as they aare a PITA to keep cleen.
nebreitling
URY914,

it looks like you've got more rubber than just a 205/50 on there? how does it fit?

(love that pic)
URY914
Those are 225's Kumhos.

The car is balanced on two jack stands. Didn't mean to do it but I leaned on the backend and the front came up. laugh.gif
ynotdd
Paul ,are you happy with the wheels? and did you masage your fenders for the 225's. flag.gif
mwyatt
I'll try and get some pictures of the 17's for you guys this weekend. The car is on jack stands, but I jacked up a rear tire to see the fender clearance and it is perfect. There's not much room to spare on either side in the rear, but they won't rub. There should be no reason for the car to have to sit high in the rear. The fronts can actually be spaced out wider.
As for the weight of the wheels, I'll check them again when I'm out there this weekend. I am sure though, that they only weigh about three pounds more with tires than a 15x6.5 Revolution RFX race wheel with the same width tire mounted. Not bad for an extra 2 inches of diameter and half inch of width.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.