Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB Rear Swaybar Droplink
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Leo Imperial
Looking for one stock swaybar drop link. Watcha got?
bdstone914
QUOTE(Leo Imperial @ Oct 25 2009, 06:38 PM) *

Looking for one stock swaybar drop link. Watcha got?

Never mind, I read the title.

Bruce
Leo Imperial
Guessing you edited your response.

So once again. Anyone have a stock rear bar drop link available or know where I can source one?
bdstone914
QUOTE(Leo Imperial @ Oct 26 2009, 06:47 PM) *

Guessing you edited your response.

So once again. Anyone have a stock rear bar drop link available or know where I can source one?

Yes I did edit my response asking if you needed front or rear after seeing it in the title. Duh.

They are NLA. I put a WTB ad here and did not find one. I do have BMW drop links that can be converted to 914 drop links if you have access to machine shop services. The BMW links are a solid one piece forged aluminum part with a molded in rubber bushings. The bushing must be cut out and the ID bushed down to 30MM. The thickness must machined down to 13mm. 914 bushings will then fit into the drop links.
I have a few pairs of them if you are interested in making a pair. They are slightly shorter than the 914 drop links. We make a couple of pairs and tried them out on an autocross car with positive results.
Can post some pictures or give more details if you are interested.
Bruce

Leo Imperial
Thanks for the offer Bruce,

Sounds like a good option if it were for my car. I even have a set of adjustable hyme joints (I thinks I spelled that right) that could be fit, but the guy who's car it is likes to stick with all original stuff on his cars.
bdstone914
QUOTE(Leo Imperial @ Oct 26 2009, 10:33 PM) *

Thanks for the offer Bruce,

Sounds like a good option if it were for my car. I even have a set of adjustable hyme joints (I thinks I spelled that right) that could be fit, but the guy who's car it is likes to stick with all original stuff on his cars.

Understood. I also looked at making them. I would have to buy about $120 in 36 mm OD, 30mm ID metric tubing to slice it up into 13mm lengths and weld in a 8mm bar to connect them. Not sure if there is enough of a market for them.
I got lucky and found a extra one at a swap meet.
Bruce
zx-niner
Actually, I think I have one or two of the stock drop links. It will take me a day or two to get to my storage and look. If you don't get an offer before then I will get back to you.

Sorry Bruce, I guess I missed your WTB ad.
bdstone914
QUOTE(zx-niner @ Oct 27 2009, 05:34 PM) *

Actually, I think I have one or two of the stock drop links. It will take me a day or two to get to my storage and look. If you don't get an offer before then I will get back to you.

That is OK I did find one at the R & G swap meet. It came with a sway bar so if you have an extra one I will gladly buy or trade parts for it to make this second sway bar complete.

Bruce
Leo Imperial
QUOTE(zx-niner @ Oct 27 2009, 08:34 PM) *

Still interested
zx-niner
QUOTE(Leo Imperial @ Oct 29 2009, 06:08 PM) *

Still interested

I just made it by my storage unit tonight. I only had one. I usually let my extra parts go for the price of shipping if they are for personal use. If this is for a client I assume you'll be marking it up. PM me a reasonable "wholesale" price, plus $5 shipping, and it's yours.

Click to view attachment
Leo Imperial
PM sent thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.