Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 takes top time at san diego AX
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
sean_v8_914
sdautosport.com takes top time in four cylinder 2.4l running nitto nt-01 205/225. damn that feels good!
sean_v8_914
here is the 10Jereen. AX weapon of champions
914s rock!
jim_hoyland
Congrats Herb and Sean ! beerchug.gif How about some info re the mods done on the car...
SirAndy
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Oct 26 2009, 09:34 AM) *

How about some info re the mods done on the car...

agree.gif
ConeDodger
Way to go Sean! I also see that the car behind you in the TTOD standings was a GT3! Given your wide open events in SD, that is quite the accomplishment.

Is the new Raby 2.4 or some of your home cooking?
sean_v8_914
oh no! that is top secret info that I'll never give up...just kidding

Funny thing is that I did not think that lap was so good. car is still tweaked in the back from the Fontana M3 contact and the corner weights are way off. Herb and I have been saying: corner balance, Hoosiers and LSD would be required to even come close to TTOD. Well, neither one of us have $2k for an LSD and Hoosier has not stepped up with those free $1000 tires. Lacking funds we will continue to focus our tuning efforts on the nut behind the wheel.

the Raby stroker 2.4 is still on the shelf in boxes. the 2.4 currently propelling us is a 103 x 71mm that dynoed around 120 @ rw.
we went to the shootout a few yrs ago and got served. as herb said: "we brought a knife to a gun fight" what we learned is that weight reduction in key areas is a new found religion. if you dont have tons of money to spend on a car, buy sawsall blades. we actually did very litle cutting.

weight reduction and suspension optimization. After several conversations with Brad and Ira at Tarret engineering, he made us up a custom front bar for our feather light 914. no rear bar(disconnected till the LSD fairy comes). The bar was first produced for mark Garriot who swapped it to Evan. we all talked about it and realized it would be part of teh solution so when Evan sold his car he gave the one-off bar back to Mark. Last AX Mark stopped by to say hi and handed us the bar. everything in our susp is adjustable and we use that feature. I cant remember the last time we ran the same set up twice. at the end of each event we debreif "what can we do before next event(with no money) that will make the car faster?"
J P Stein
Atta boy, Slick. Set a goal & work towards it. I can see that there is much to do as far as weight reduction with little/no expense. Keep on keepin' on. biggrin.gif I have 6 Hoosier cantis that I'll give you for shipping......they are round & black with 80% of their "tread" remaining.....there's 2 sec minumum.
sean_v8_914
anybody have a line on some take offs? old slicks should be better than new nt01s
sean_v8_914
if ya werent so far away, Id kiss you.
sean_v8_914
slicks!!!!! im so excited I interupted Herb at work to tell him.. one time Steve in OC let me borrow a set of Hossier R6 at el toro. they were 6 seconds faster than my toyos despite their cold blooded nature. I have been dreaming about A6s ever since.
SirAndy
Schlicks are more funner! w00t.gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...st&p=982210
BMXerror
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Oct 27 2009, 09:54 AM) *

...Lacking funds we will continue to focus our tuning efforts on the nut behind the wheel.

Wow... This sounds so familiar! My racing efforts are the same way. Everything is adjustable and gone over with a fine toothed comb before each event. I can't afford the HP, so lightweight is everything. I'm not quite as far along as you two, and I'm going it alone (looking for a codriver/wrencher), but I'll get there. Great job! Thanks for representing for our little cars. driving.gif
Can't say I've done much representing for us yet. I run in CSCC Solo 2 (3 events so far), and it's a total snake-pit of talented drivers with big budgets, lots of support, and 'National Champion' shirts. So I pretty much get my ass handed to me every time I go out. However this past weekend I took the highest scratch time in historic class, and got a guy who wouldn't shut up about his 240z to instead ask 1000 questions about my 914! biggrin.gif Hijack over.
Mark D.
sean_v8_914
I bet Andy wants an LSD for christmas too
JazonJJordan
Awesome man. biggrin.gif
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Oct 27 2009, 12:54 PM) *

oh no! that is top secret info that I'll never give up...just kidding

Funny thing is that I did not think that lap was so good. car is still tweaked in the back from the Fontana M3 contact and the corner weights are way off. Herb and I have been saying: corner balance, Hoosiers and LSD would be required to even come close to TTOD. Well, neither one of us have $2k for an LSD and Hoosier has not stepped up with those free $1000 tires. Lacking funds we will continue to focus our tuning efforts on the nut behind the wheel.

the Raby stroker 2.4 is still on the shelf in boxes. the 2.4 currently propelling us is a 103 x 71mm that dynoed around 120 @ rw.
we went to the shootout a few yrs ago and got served. as herb said: "we brought a knife to a gun fight" what we learned is that weight reduction in key areas is a new found religion. if you dont have tons of money to spend on a car, buy sawsall blades. we actually did very litle cutting.

weight reduction and suspension optimization. After several conversations with Brad and Ira at Tarret engineering, he made us up a custom front bar for our feather light 914. no rear bar(disconnected till the LSD fairy comes). The bar was first produced for mark Garriot who swapped it to Evan. we all talked about it and realized it would be part of teh solution so when Evan sold his car he gave the one-off bar back to Mark. Last AX Mark stopped by to say hi and handed us the bar. everything in our susp is adjustable and we use that feature. I cant remember the last time we ran the same set up twice. at the end of each event we debreif "what can we do before next event(with no money) that will make the car faster?"

yeahmag
"what can we do before next event(with no money) that will make the car faster?"

Man do I have that conversation a lot with my friends...

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.