Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heater Parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Al Meredith
I've got about 3 complete sets of heater parts. Should I sell them as complete sets or sell the individule parts ? Any suggestions Al
detoxcowboy
I had luck selling complete sets.. it may even be worth your while to have them all powder coated depending on the condition, powder coated sets sell every time on the bay.. It will take you a year to piece meal but you would probably make more money depending on how many times you have to list to sell one.. and after all that and you have sold pieces of all 3 sets you will still have leftovers.. that is my take on it.. good luck
Mikey914
Get them cleaned up and you hav use Por-20 high temp silver to get a nice finish on them. The powder looks nicer at first, but it is not good to use on high hemp parts as is cures at 375, if it gets hotter / has more cycles it get brittle. Hot jet coating is best, but much more expensive. Bang for the buck, sandblast (or soda blast-Best option), and use POR 20. It really is a better choice for the exhaust as it has rust inhibitor in it.

http://www.stoprust.net/High-Temperature-p-1-c-10.html
Eric_Shea
I like POR20 Exhaust Manifold Grey -- That silver is too shiney IMO.

I need -6 flapper boxes Al.
Mikey914
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Oct 27 2009, 04:49 PM) *

I like POR20 Exhaust Manifold Grey -- That silver is too shiney IMO.

This from a guy that chrome plates his calipers smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.