Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The November Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion Weekend
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Are Ya'll ready for the November Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion Weekend! Saturday November 21st we caravan from Family Donuts and Deli to Sonoma for your choice of two events. First, an autocross in the paddock area. This is an annual event and those who have gone in the past will tell you that the location is great and the competition is fast! But if avoiding cones is not your thing, there is the DE event on the main track!
Sunday the 22nd, we will all get together at Family Donuts and Deli and lie or boast about our previous day! A perfect fall weekend!

The Autocross is a PCA Sacramento Valley Region event and the cost is $35

The DE event is a PCA/Trackmasters event and the cost is variable depending on if you purchased a package and such. $300+ is close...

The donut and coffee cost is nominal...
strawman
As I mentioned last month, I love donuts-n-all and I'll probably be able to join everyone for the Sunday donut gorging. But I also like the idea of getting my hands dirty working on someone's teener project. Can I suggest that we meet at a local 914World member's house to see what he or she is building(or has recently built)? I'll offer up my house in the People's Republic of Davis...

Geoff

ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

The Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion November Edition is coming up! See the first post for details! An autocross or DE and then a meet and munch at the donut shop. Someday soon we will start having get togethers at the homes of local guys for work on the cars... But that can also be done on your own. Just invite us over and pick a date Geoff! Subie-Doobie-Do! biggrin.gif
al weidman
Dang, I like those Gulf blue cars, sorry I have not made any meetings lately, It's one thing or another. I sure hope the weather holds for the 22nd. Maybe I can stay at my son's in Carmichael and catch the whole weekend. Al. driving.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(al weidman @ Oct 28 2009, 07:22 PM) *

Dang, I like those Gulf blue cars, sorry I have not made any meetings lately, It's one thing or another. I sure hope the weather holds for the 22nd. Maybe I can stay at my son's in Carmichael and catch the whole weekend. Al. driving.gif

Al! Glad to hear you are all right... I have missed you the last couple months and was beginning to worry. This should be fun! Infinion paddock is beautiful blacktop just waiting to be torn up. By all means, come on down!
ConeDodger
bye1.gif bye1.gif bye1.gif bye1.gif bye1.gif bye1.gif bye1.gif bye1.gif bye1.gif bye1.gif

Let's see you all at the November Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion Weekend! First we autocross or track day our cars on Saturday, then we brag or cry at Family Donuts and Deli on Sunday! Now that is the way to spend a weekend!
strawman
The War Department (my lovely wife Nancy) just informed me that our family has plans that weekend, so I won't be able to make it. Have fun, and tip a donut or two for me!
Geoff
ConeDodger
Geoff, You will be missed! Have fun with the family...
ConeDodger

Get your plans together for the November Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion Weekend! Jim Dupree and me will be doing battle for world supremacy in my car on the autocross course and you should be there to see that! Jim's got mad skills and he isn't afraid to toss the tail out on my 914! Sunday we get together again to chat up Saturday's fun... Be there!
EdwardBlume
AX in Sonoma? That could be fun...
ConeDodger
QUOTE(RobW @ Oct 31 2009, 06:39 AM) *

AX in Sonoma? That could be fun...

Rob! Come on out! There is plenty of room in the paddock to stretch the legs on that blue thing of yours... Oh wait, both of yours are blue! Have your wife drive it too!
ConeDodger

Make your plans to attend the Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion Weekend! Saturday we autocross or do a DE event, your choice. Sunday we do the donut shop! This event is also a charity fund raiser. You can buy extra autocross laps that will go to charity. But here is the dinger! You can buy ride-along DE laps on the track! Experience Infinion from the passenger seat with an experienced instructor. You can buy laps or you can do an entire session! Watch here for details!
ConeDodger

Saturday we driving.gif Sunday we chowtime.gif

Are you in?
ConeDodger

Two weeks away! The Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion November weekend is coming up quick. jcd914 and I worked on my 914 until 11:30 last night. Is yours ready?
ConeDodger

You know that old joke about how many 914's can you get in a row on I80 at 7am? Let's find out! The Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion November weekend event is just two weeks away! Saturday we drive to Sonoma and either autocross or do the Track Day. Sunday we meet at the donut shop to compare our experiences... What could be a better way to spend a fall weekend?
ConeDodger

Less than two weeks until the Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion November Weekend! Get 'em ready to rev!!!
ConeDodger

Hey gang! How's it hangin'? The Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion November Weekend adventure is only a week or so away. Saturday, we caravan down to Infinion and either do the Trackmasters Track Day or the SVR Autocross in the parking lot. Sunday, we get together at the donut shop. This is a charity event too... You can do a ride-along on the track with an instructor for an entire run group or a couple laps. The run group is $40 and laps are less. Same for the autocross course but you do the driving there... Don't miss it! The year is winding down!
ConeDodger

One week to go until the November Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion Weekend! Autocross or track day on Saturday, Donuts and coffee on Sunday. Got your car ready? I don't. mad.gif But I will! biggrin.gif
underthetire
id really like to try an autocross, but don't think my car would pass insepcion. Still have my billet adapers on the front. I gotta get moving to fix that.
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Just a few more days until the Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion November Weekend! Are you ready?
jcd914
QUOTE(underthetire @ Nov 14 2009, 08:08 AM) *

id really like to try an autocross, but don't think my car would pass insepcion. Still have my billet adapers on the front. I gotta get moving to fix that.

At the SVR Auto-x I went to I think the inspection amounted to checking to see if I actually had a car there. I did not see her check anything on the car. Admittedly I showed up a bit late and and she was in a hurry, maybe Bob told her I was a Porsche tech in a previous life.

Jim
Justinp71
QUOTE(underthetire @ Nov 14 2009, 08:08 AM) *

I wouldn't be to worried about that for an ax, just make sure they are torqued. They make TUV approved wheel spacers that can be used on the autobahn or on the track...
ConeDodger
The actual tech inspection will be to check your helmet for currency, shake your wheels to make sure they don't have bad bearings, check your brake fluid, look for loose items in both trunks and interior. Spacers are not a bad thing but if you are talking 4 to 5 lug adapter type spacers you may technically be illegal for a safety reason but they don't check that.

I am not encouraging you to enter in an illegal state. I am just saying they will not be checking for that...
ConeDodger
Justin,
Are you going to show off your new hips?
al weidman
Rob, what time are we meeting on Saturday? Al.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(al weidman @ Nov 16 2009, 10:02 PM) *

Rob, what time are we meeting on Saturday? Al.

I have to figure that out Al. I will look a the start time on the SVR site and put something up here tomorrow.
Rob
ConeDodger

Today I have to call Bob Peake because the SVR website does just what I am doing here. Encouraging you to come to the autocross but not telling you when the event starts and registration closes etc...

I will post the information here later.
underthetire
Hum, what wheel adapters... They are the good ones, from 6061, not cast. Probably break the a arms off before they went. Is there anyone there to do any instruction for a newb ?
ConeDodger
Underthetire,
Your initial post implies you have something on your car that you don't think will pass tech. spacers are legal even on the track. Many Porsche cars use them. Adapters are unsafe and can snap putting you, your car, and the course workers in danger. Because you seemed to be implying that you had something illegal on the car, we just assumed you meant adapters.

Lots of instruction available. Helmets too if you aren't so equipped. Bring a drivers license, clean out the car, check your fluid levels. Perhaps a half quart overfill is not a bad idea in a TypeIV. DO NOT OVERFILL A SIX Cylinder!!! Except when there are a lot of bugs around no good can come of it.
ConeDodger
I spoke with Bob Peake this morning. Registration opens at 0800. First car out at 0900. From the donut shop it is about an hour and a half drive so we should leave the donut shop at 0630 for a 0800 arrival. That should be fine because even if we have a problem on the road, registration will last until almost 0900.

By the way, WCR planners: Bob Peake says he may be able to stop by the Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion Sunday to discuss the possibility of an autocross. You should be there. He is the autocross chair for SVR and I believe your only possible chance to have an autocross in association with the WCR.
underthetire
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Nov 17 2009, 09:22 AM) *

Underthetire,
Your initial post implies you have something on your car that you don't think will pass tech. spacers are legal even on the track. Many Porsche cars use them. Adapters are unsafe and can snap putting you, your car, and the course workers in danger. Because you seemed to be implying that you had something illegal on the car, we just assumed you meant adapters.

Lots of instruction available. Helmets too if you aren't so equipped. Bring a drivers license, clean out the car, check your fluid levels. Perhaps a half quart overfill is not a bad idea in a TypeIV. DO NOT OVERFILL A SIX Cylinder!!! Except when there are a lot of bugs around no good can come of it.

The fronts are adapters-four lug to five lug. I understand the rules, and everyone gets paranoid about adapters. I don't worry about these (auto atlanta type) hub centric, billet 6061, not cast. That being said, I don't want to make anyone nervous so I will bow out this time. Guess my front comes apart this weekend to do a good 5 lug stud/re-drill. I would assume for future that my street bike helmet or dirt bike helmet would be ok ?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(underthetire @ Nov 17 2009, 10:13 AM) *

Underthetire,

The fronts are adapters-four lug to five lug. I understand the rules, and everyone gets paranoid about adapters. I don't worry about these (auto atlanta type) hub centric, billet 6061, not cast. That being said, I don't want to make anyone nervous so I will bow out this time. Guess my front comes apart this weekend to do a good 5 lug stud/re-drill. I would assume for future that my street bike helmet or dirt bike helmet would be ok ?

Ok, so then we go back to the adapter disscussion. They are illegal but the point everyone was making is that no one is going to notice including the tech inspector.

I have used a motorcycle helmet for years but technically, they have DOT stickers in most cases and not Snell ratings. The only region that has ever even mentioned this is Redwood Region and they still allowed me to use it. I think they are technically correct since the rules require Snell rated helmets and their point is perhaps that the DOT test is less somehow than the Snell test. It might also be a local cultural thing since the Snell rating originated in the Bay Area SCCA community. Bottom line, consider a Snell rated helmet.
underthetire
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Nov 17 2009, 10:31 AM) *

QUOTE(underthetire @ Nov 17 2009, 10:13 AM) *

Underthetire,

Ok, so then we go back to the adapter disscussion. They are illegal but the point everyone was making is that no one is going to notice including the tech inspector.

I have used a motorcycle helmet for years but technically, they have DOT stickers in most cases and not Snell ratings. The only region that has ever even mentioned this is Redwood Region and they still allowed me to use it. I think they are technically correct since the rules require Snell rated helmets and their point is perhaps that the DOT test is less somehow than the Snell test. It might also be a local cultural thing since the Snell rating originated in the Bay Area SCCA community. Bottom line, consider a Snell rated helmet.

OK cool, I think at least two of my helmets are both dot and snell. I'll try and go and see what happens.
ConeDodger

Time to get excited about this! The Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion November Weekend is just a couple days away! My car is pretty much ready to go! How are you guys doing? Saturday, we get together at the donut shop for a 0630 caravan to Infinion Autocross or DE, the choice is yours but if you don't want to do either but want to experience what it is like, remember, this is a charity event. For a nominal donation you can experience a lap or two or an entire session on the famous Infinion track. Sunday we get together at the donut shop to lie about our times and generally get our social on...
ConeDodger

Just two days until the November Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion Weekend! Saturday we leave from Family Donuts and Deli at 0630 and caravan down to the Autocross or DE at Infinion being put on by PCA-SVR. Again, this is a charity event so bring your interested friends and family as they can go out and do a full ride-along track session for $40 I believe. Sunday, we are back at Family Donuts and Deli to lie and cry about our conquests and failures 0900 - Noonish!
biosurfer1
I'll probably mosey on over for a bit with Mark if he goes, otherwise I really want to get my car back together!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Nov 19 2009, 12:28 PM) *

I'll probably mosey on over for a bit with Mark if he goes, otherwise I really want to get my car back together!

Either way Brett, my car is going to Original Customs after the event for the Engman Kit install. biggrin.gif
biosurfer1
Nice...hopefully by that time, mine won't have the "No Motor" tippy toes stance.
ConeDodger

The November Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion kicks off tomorrow morning with an early start from the donut shop. 0630 departure from there and a caravan down to Infinion. Autocross or DE is your choice but bring some cash or your checkbook as it is a charity event and you can do some extra laps on the autocross course or take a ride on the track with an instructor.

Brett will already be down there, Justin was putting his car back together... slowly smile.gif I think Al will be meeting us at the donut shop. Anyone else in the caravan? If no one else goes down to Infinion it will allow us to tell bigger lies on Sunday! biggrin.gif
underthetire
Bummer for me. Motor and tank both both come out this weekend.
Justinp71
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Nov 16 2009, 03:44 PM) *

Justin,

I wont be there on sat, I have a wedding to go to. But if I'm in town on sunday morning I'll come by the donut shop...
raw1298
I will not be able to attend either day. Got the holiday family stuff going on. Here is a pic for you, looks better than the old deck lid eh?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(raw1298 @ Nov 20 2009, 05:21 PM) *

I will not be able to attend either day. Got the holiday family stuff going on. Here is a pic for you, looks better than the old deck lid eh?

Wow! That does look good! Coming down on Sunday? BRING THE FAMILY wink.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Justinp71 @ Nov 20 2009, 05:05 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Nov 16 2009, 03:44 PM) *

Justin,

I wont be there on sat, I have a wedding to go to. But if I'm in town on sunday morning I'll come by the donut shop...

See you then Justin!
ConeDodger
So we are just back from Infinion and the trailer is parked and removed from the truck. We had a fair number of World Citizens show up. McMark, Biosurfer, Chuck, jcd914, me... Jim and I were the only autocrossers though. Both in my car with his engine. This was the most wide open course I have ever been on. I hit more cones today than I have in the rest of the almost 30 years I have been autocrossing! DNF'ed one run because I looked down to see what RPM the engine was breaking up at and when I looked up I was um... elsewhere biggrin.gif Jim and I battled it out all day and ended up about a second apart. The car is now at McMark's Original Customs for an Engman Kit install.

See you tomorrow at Family Donuts and Deli 9045 Fair Oaks Blvd. for the bench racing!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.